Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

NFL Wild Card Round

112 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Omar said:

They should take 75% of the money they gave Cobb and hand it to Jordy. This offense is so bad right now.

More like release Davante and give his entire contract to Jordy. 

Our offensive line is as much to blame as anyone too. Rodgers was hit so much this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andrew said:

More like release Davante and give his entire contract to Jordy. 

Our offensive line is as much to blame as anyone too. Rodgers was hit so much this year.

But Devante is barely even making anything. Jordy needs a huge raise. Pay the best WWR in the league baby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Omar said:

But Devante is barely even making anything. Jordy needs a huge raise. Pay the best WWR in the league baby!

I still don't think this is all Jordy. I understand James Jones isn't Nelson, but Rodgers and Jones have a ton of chemistry as well and they started off the year fine without Nelson.

I honestly can't explain the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Matt said:

I still don't think this is all Jordy. I understand James Jones isn't Nelson, but Rodgers and Jones have a ton of chemistry as well and they started off the year fine without Nelson.

I honestly can't explain the problem. 

Offensive line woes. Relievers struggle with separation and drops. Aaron forcing more stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you can blame the line. There are quite a few teams that have way worse O-lines. Hell Jacksonville might as well use cardboard cutouts for linemen and Bortles still threw for 35 TDs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don't think you can blame the line. There are quite a few teams that have way worse O-lines. Hell Jacksonville might as well use cardboard cutouts for linemen and Bortles still threw for 35 TDs

Dude, he was sacked 46 times. It certainly played a factor in their decline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don't think you can blame the line. There are quite a few teams that have way worse O-lines. Hell Jacksonville might as well use cardboard cutouts for linemen and Bortles still threw for 35 TDs

Rodgers threw for 31, still had one of the lowest INT marks in the lead, and was the second most sacked QB in football. I think I can blame the line for a drop in production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Rodgers threw for 31, still had one of the lowest INT marks in the lead, and was the second most sacked QB in football. I think I can blame the line for a drop in production.

I think that proves the point doesn't it? Bortles, Brady, Rodgers have all had terrible lines this year yet were still very productive. It's not the line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think that proves the point doesn't it? Bortles, Brady, Rodgers have all had terrible lines this year yet were still very productive. It's not the line

So is your point that the Packers offense is good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady actually started sucking when his starting tackles got hurt. The offense has been pretty bad the last 6 weeks. Not a good example to use Harty.

 

As far as Rodgers goes, his line does suck but the reason his sack numbers are that high is because he holds the ball too long. He's used to holding on to it long enough to throw a bomb, but this year no one gets open so he has to eat the sack. I've been wondering why they haven't gone to the quick passing game. 

Russell Wilson does that too, a lot of the time the sacks are his fault but his line always gets blamed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outside of me being me correct with my pick, the other brightside to the Packers winning is that I won't have to hear "you like that" again. I actually just heard that for the first time a few days ago and I'm already sick of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Outside of me being me correct with my pick, the other brightside to the Packers winning is that I won't have to hear "you like that" again. I actually just heard that for the first time a few days ago and I'm already sick of it.

That's pretty cute if you think that's the last you'll hear of it.

YOU LIKE THAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

That's pretty cute if you think that's the last you'll hear of it.

The Redskins are gone. It's over. Just like that "who dat" bullshit.

Catchphrases and towels...gimmicks I don't approve of in football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mike said:

The Redskins are gone. It's over. Just like that "who dat" bullshit.

Catchphrases and towels...gimmicks I don't approve of in football.

what about beards in baseball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mike said:

The Redskins are gone. It's over. Just like that "who dat" bullshit.

Catchphrases and towels...gimmicks I don't approve of in football.

You really oughta work for the NFL. You're the perfect advocate of the No Fun League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not disappointed in the Redskins losing. I like Aaron Rodgers and the Packers a hell of a lot and the Skins would have been annihilated by the Cardinals in the next round anyway.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Outside of me being me correct with my pick, the other brightside to the Packers winning is that I won't have to hear "you like that" again. I actually just heard that for the first time a few days ago and I'm already sick of it.

It's not going away. Not as long as Cousins continues to play really good football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bladenit09 said:

It's not going away.

When the Redskins finish 6-10 next year, no one outside of Washington will even hear this catchphrase.

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

You really oughta work for the NFL. You're the perfect advocate of the No Fun League.

I suppose teams can rally around catchphrases but fans waving towels because they foolishly think they're somehow helping the team is dumb.

6 hours ago, Brad said:

what about beards in baseball

Players are superstitious so I'm okay with them doing that if they choose but I don't approve of fans growing playoff beards. You're not part of the team so don't grow a beard with them. And don't say "we" or "we're" when referring to the team like you're on the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mike said:

When the Redskins finish 6-10 next year, no one outside of Washington will even hear this catchphrase.

I suppose teams can rally around catchphrases but fans waving towels because they foolishly think they're somehow helping the team is dumb.

Players are superstitious so I'm okay with them doing that if they choose but I don't approve of fans growing playoff beards. You're not part of the team so don't grow a beard with them. And don't say "we" or "we're" when referring to the team like you're on the team.

Yeah, I can't agree with this. The fans are an important part of a team. Without the fans, there are no teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's stupid to tell people what they can or can't do.  If saying "we" or waving a towel around helps them have fun or enjoy the sports experience more, then who gives a shit.

Oh right, Mike, the king of petty nitpicks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to be with Mike on that, but then I've found myself doing it every once in a while so now it's whatever. I feel like a player is a person who might be annoyed with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Omar said:

I used to be with Mike on that, but then I've found myself doing it every once in a while so now it's whatever. I feel like a player is a person who might be annoyed with it.

I think it's a silly thing to be annoyed about.  Most of us who do it grew up doing it cause our parents did and it's just habitual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.