Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

The Clash #13 - Separations v. Saul Williams

The Clash #13   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Separations
    • Saul Williams

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

I like the way the Saul William track builds in intensity but the Separations track is far more immediate and catchy. Sorry Ruiner, but for what it's worth I did dig the song.

I wonder who picked the Separations track myself. I am the one who introduced them to the boards so I feel proud. :)

I like the way the Saul William track builds in intensity but the Separations track is far more immediate and catchy. Sorry Ruiner, but for what it's worth I did dig the song.

No worries, after Dead Sara I'm pretty much just throwing out stuff I like that I think other people here might like but otherwise wouldn't listen to because my word alone doesn't really carry enough weight here to get anybody to give it a listen. So if you liked it, I'm happy. If everybody likes something and it actually wins a round or two, all the better. I thought this song of his was pretty accessible--neither too hip-hop-y nor too poem-y--and the lyrics are real good and I figured they might resonate with somebody.

I had a couple other tracks from artists everybody wouldn't immediately make me on, but screw it.

I picked the Separations track but I heard it on a Hit or Miss segment from my Active station back in Chicago.  It had a very "I See Stars" vibe too it and I really enjoy that band so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  Glad people are digging it.

On a side note, that Saul Williams song was not bad at all.  Pretty impressive competition I would say.

Edited by BreakTheAgony87