Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

BreakTheAgony

26 posts in this topic

Hey gang, BTA sent me a message apologizing for his behavior the last time he was here. I won't go into the details of the message since it's his place to tell people his personal stuff, but the long and short of it is that he had a lot going on at the time and he understands that none of it is an excuse. That said, he wants to start posting again but wanted me to run it by everyone else first in case people don't want him back. Personally, I think it's fine for him to post here again since he seems genuinely sorry for his previous behavior, but out of respect for him and for the forum, I figured I'd make this thread and gauge opinion.

Go for it! People make bad decisions online. As long as it was a learning experience and the behavior is curbed in the future. 

As far as I remember, the only time he seemed "bad" was in that clash thread? I'm pretty sure he didn't post anything super offensive so, yeah, I'd say let him back in.

Ok so this whole time I thought these "The Clash" threads were about a band called "The Clash" and I never bothered to check the threads...

but I did check the thread that Lucas posted and Jesus Christ man. I'm not sure I'm gonna buy the whole "I was going through shit" excuse as to why he acted like he acted, because hasn't he acted this way in every little music game Andrew runs? I don't mind if he comes back because a little boost of activity never hurts a forum but shit he's gotta try to take these games way less seriously. 

Ok so this whole time I thought these "The Clash" threads were about a band called "The Clash" and I never bothered to check the threads...

but I did check the thread that Lucas posted and Jesus Christ man. I'm not sure I'm gonna buy the whole "I was going through shit" excuse as to why he acted like he acted, because hasn't he acted this way in every little music game Andrew runs? I don't mind if he comes back because a little boost of activity never hurts a forum but shit he's gotta try to take these games way less seriously. 

I'm not going to go into his personal stuff but I have heard what he's been going through and it is a lot and I think that lashing out for inconsequential things is, while not an appropriate response, an understandable one considering. And he understands it was not an appropriate response.

Also, are you joking about The Clash thing? Because I very clearly put in the forum descriptor that it's not related to the band....

I'm not going to go into his personal stuff but I have heard what he's been going through and it is a lot and I think that lashing out for inconsequential things is, while not an appropriate response, an understandable one considering. And he understands it was not an appropriate response.

Also, are you joking about The Clash thing? Because I very clearly put in the forum descriptor that it's not related to the band....

Not joking, The Clash sounds like a band I wound't want to listen to. 

I'm perfectly ok with having him back. I never really thought his behavior, while ridiculously uncalled for no matter what he was going through outside of here, was that bad. Overall, when he wasn't arguing over pointless shenanigans, he seemed like a pretty nice guy

Edited by American_Idiot

Judge me if you want but if you care to hear the shit I was going through here it is.

Back in March my Dad was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer.  Not only was that extremely difficult on him, but it caused a lot of stress on my Mom, and subsequently my brother and myself.  He successfully completed his treatment and is now "cancer free".  

Then in June, my Dad found out that his company was shutting down his office but offered to relocate him to Austin, Texas (from outside of Chicago).  While this is great news for my parents and my brother, I wasn't going to move with them because my future wife is still in Chicago and she didn't want to move to Texas.  The job I currently had did not pay enough to allow me to move out on my own and I was facing difficulties if I decided to move in with my girlfriend.  In otherwords, I was left facing finding a better paying job (which is not always easy) or being without a home.  

That situation alleviated itself when I accepted a Temporary job just North of Seattle (which is where my girlfriend is from, and where most of her family lives).  The catch is that I have to move 2,042 miles away in approximately 3 weeks.  That means packing my stuff, and my girlfriend's stuff up and driving it across the country.  Needless to say I will have a lot of shit to do the next 3 weeks so I won't probably be posting on here again until mid to late October.

Again, my behavior was not acceptable regardless of the stresses I was facing, but as you can see there are legit reasons why I might have reacted in a negative way.

Edited by BreakTheAgony87

Not joking, The Clash sounds like a band I wound't want to listen to. 

wait, you've never heard of The Clash? the band The Clash? Seriously? Have you ever heard I Fought The Law, or Should I Stay Or Should I Go, or Rock the Casbah?

wait, you've never heard of The Clash? the band The Clash? Seriously? Have you ever heard I Fought The Law, or Should I Stay Or Should I Go, or Rock the Casbah?

Omar probably wouldn't like them. Low production.

In my opinion, it's all liquid under the support structure.

What if that support structure was a tunnel?  Would the liquid still be "under" it?

I kind of felt that there was a band called The Clash that I had heard of before which gave me even more reason to not check the threads because I was sure you were talking about some band.

I kind of felt that there was a band called The Clash that I had heard of before which gave me even more reason to not check the threads because I was sure you were talking about some band.

Well Omar, you assumed. And now you're an ass. Congratulations. :)

The Clash the band is the first thing I thought of when I saw the threads too, but I obviously read them and found that wasn't the case when they got their own sub-forum.