Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

The Clash #8 - Dead Sara (c) v. Arson City

The Clash #8   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

That fucking bridge on the Dead Sara song gets me every time. Weird that arguably the best song on the album doesn't have an extended instrumental section since those were generally the best parts of the whole thing otherwise, but Emily Armstrong carries the load gracefully. 

Arson City is pretty generic, but it appealed to me more. 

A shame. I'll be honest, I don't know what screaming you're referring to in the Dead Sara song either. There's one scream toward the end that the song builds up to but beyond that, nothing I can tell.

Arson City has that "big fish in a small pond local band" vibe. They're probably a big deal in their hometown, but "generic" aptly describes this band.

A shame. I'll be honest, I don't know what screaming you're referring to in the Dead Sara song either. There's one scream toward the end that the song builds up to but beyond that, nothing I can tell.

Yeah. I listened to it again and the screaming isn't anywhere as prevalent as I thought. The song itself is decent, but I've heard better from Dead Sara.

Edited by American_Idiot

Arson City has that "big fish in a small pond local band" vibe. They're probably a big deal in their hometown, but "generic" aptly describes this band.

They're from Nebraska. I feel like any band from there would be a big deal  (see Screaming For Silence).

Speaking of bands from there, I did not realize that that was the singer from Emphatic. 

The Dead Sara song just keeps getting better for me. Feels like a lot more heart and soul went into making it versus the pretty generic Arson City song. Can't believe it's got any votes. 

They're from Nebraska. I feel like any band from there would be a big deal  (see Screaming For Silence).

Speaking of bands from there, I did not realize that that was the singer from Emphatic. 

They are huge here in Omaha.

And yes it's Patrick from Emphatic, and the rest are all members of the band The Wreckage.