Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

The Clash #7 - Dead Sara v. Yelawolf

The Clash #7   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

I like the idea of Yelawolf doing a slowed-down acoustic ballad more than I liked the actual execution here.  Not one of my favorites on his new record.  I'll take Dead Sara too.

My hat's off to whoever felt froggy enough to pitch a Yelawolf song (the thought's crossed my mind to submit a Saul Williams song in this but I'm afraid), and I too like the idea of him doing something so outside of what he's known for, but I don't love the song, and this is probably the best song Dead Sara's ever put out so this isn't hard.

I came in here thinking no doubt that I'd vote for Dead Sara. I'd like that song better if it didn't have that horrid screaming in it and was more like "The Weatherman."

From the few songs I've heard from Yelawolf, I haven't really liked. However, I didn't have a problem with this one at all. I'm going to actually vote for it.

I came in here thinking no doubt that I'd vote for Dead Sara. I'd like that song better if it didn't have that horrid screaming in it and was more like "The Weatherman."

From the few songs I've heard from Yelawolf, I haven't really liked. However, I didn't have a problem with this one at all. I'm going to actually vote for it.

What do you mean by "horrid screaming"? 

What do you mean by "horrid screaming"? 

Certain bands and songs I guess have an art to fitting their screaming in perfectly as it goes right with the energy of the song. In this Dead Sara choice, it actually ruins the song for me as it's not done in the manner that I'm referring to.

Well my main reason for asking was more that I'm not really hearing a lot of screaming in general. There's that one big one at the end of the bridge, and I guess some of the second verse qualifies a bit. 

I like the idea of Yelawolf doing a slowed-down acoustic ballad more than I liked the actual execution here.  Not one of my favorites on his new record. 

The execution is perfect. I dont know what more you wanted. He's from the south so naturally its going to be a country flavored ballad and not something like a Three Days Grace ballad. Its his personal favorite song on the record when he was asked the question.

Edited by DarkDragon

Both are solid songs. I enjoyed both Dead Sara and Yelawolf's albums, too. I think Dead Sara is more my style, though, so I'll go with them here.

This was my first time listening to Yelawolf, and while not what I was expecting, it was actually pretty good. Dead Sara is just too good though, so they got my vote.