Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

The Clash #6 - Enter Shikari (c) v. Finger Eleven

The Clash #6   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Enter Shikari
    • Finger Eleven

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 posts in this topic

I'm not in love with Enter Shikari (I think it's the vocals) but none of the competition for it has been very inspired, and so I vote for it again.

I'm not in love with Enter Shikari (I think it's the vocals) but none of the competition for it has been very inspired, and so I vote for it again.

You're not very inspired.

You're not very inspired.

Which one is it you're behind here, For All Eternity or Awaken the Empire? Because both of those seemed generic as hell to me. And this is the pretty easily only the third best Finger Eleven song I've heard. (I've heard three)

Which one is it you're behind here, For All Eternity or Awaken the Empire? Because both of those seemed generic as hell to me. And this is the pretty easily only the third best Finger Eleven song I've heard. (I've heard three)

It doesn't surprise me that you've only heard three Finger Eleven songs.

It doesn't surprise me that you've only heard three Finger Eleven songs.

Oh come on, don't be like that. They're not that big of a deal where you must be musically impaired like Ruiner to have only heard their big singles.

Edited by Dylan

Oh come on, don't be like that. They're not that big of a deal where you must be musically impaired like Ruiner to have only heard their big singles.

Nope. They are absolutely a big deal.

I'm fairly certain I'm not the only person here who hasn't listened to a full Finger Eleven album. 

There's a lot of people who haven't listened to a full NIN or QOTSA album either, but I'm sure you'd agree they're missing out on something amazing.

There's a lot of people who haven't listened to a full NIN or QOTSA album either, but I'm sure you'd agree they're missing out on something amazing.

Well I didn't say I wasn't missing out, did I? Just that they're not so popular that it qualifies as a slight against me that I haven't  gotten around to it. I actually very nearly picked up TVYVM a few times back when Parlyzer was all over the place. 

Well I didn't say I wasn't missing out, did I? Just that they're not so popular that it qualifies as a slight against me that I haven't  gotten around to it. I actually very nearly picked up TVYVM a few times back when Parlyzer was all over the place. 

I would start with Greyest Of Blue Skies and the self-titled before journeying onward, as those are their best efforts. 

I would start with Greyest Of Blue Skies and the self-titled before journeying onward, as those are their best efforts. 

I mean they aren't at the top of my list of bands I need to hear a full album of either, but I'll be sure to jot that down. 

And now that I think of it, I think I have listened to one of their albums, and I think it was one you recommended to me. Back in high school when I listened to various new (to me) bands on Rhapsody in gym class all the time, one week I did Our Lady Peace and Finger Eleven, and I think I asked which I should listen to. I mean I don't remember anything about it but I did hear it.