Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

The Clash #5 - Enter Shikari (c) v. Awaken The Empire

The Clash #5   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Enter Shikari
    • Awaken The Empire

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

My local radio station has been playing Cross My Heart for a month or so and I really dig it so it gets my vote. 

But it does bring up a question I've been meaning to ask. According to Wiki, the band first premiered this song in 2012 but the video wasn't released that long ago and radio is treating it like it's new (I had no idea it wasn't). How does a situation like this work? Bridge To Grace has the same thing going on with "Everything", where that song has been around for a while but they just shot a video for it and I believe that Origins is the first time they've released it on a CD. Also (this one isn't really as big as a deal because, either way, it was released this year but I'll ask as long as I'm asking questions), what about re-releases? A band I'm thinking of submitting at some point just did this with their CD, where they originally released it in the spring but now released it again this month to go with their signing deal. Would the year cut off apply to the original release or the "official" one? 

I'm pretty sure Andrew would be lenient. If the song is now more relevant as far as an official release goes, I'd say you should be pretty safe.