Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Center All

5 posts in this topic

So this is in answer to Lucas' question about centering Youtube videos.

You might notice now a new button available to all of you. Mr. Smiley Smile. He's my friend. Anyway, I thought I'd only have to use it for Music Madness so I kept the permission to Admins. Then Andrew needed it for his Picks, so I changed the permission to Mods. Now Lucas needs it for his 10 Years Ago bits, so....

Here's the deal. The forum is wonky when it comes to centering things. Jay explained to me that to center everything, including Youtube videos, I needed something like this.

<div align="center">{content}</div>

Every time I wanted to center a Youtube video. Since I have all my MM stuff mapped out, you can imagine how frustrating it would be to have to do this for every entry. So Jay told me about creating buttons, which brings me to my friend Mr. Smiley Smile.

Through trial and error with Andrew's Picks, what I've learned is this. Any time you are pasting something you want centered, hit that button first, even if it's multiple times in the same post. I hit it before I pasted my MM entries, and I had to hit it every time I pasted one of Andrew's videos in his posts to fix things.

It's my hope that soon Mr. Smiley Smile will be everyone's friend.

Edited by pen

Ah, so it's kind of a ghetto way to insert a centered div around everything. I figured it out now. I went back and fixed it in the three I posted today. This is beautiful! Thanks Mr. Smiley Smile (and Pen).