Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

The CLASH - General Discussion and Sign-Up

103 posts in this topic

Well maybe you should listen to more new music, kid.

There's just too much great stuff that I haven't heard from the past. Like this past week I've been listening almost exclusively to King for a Day which is almost instantly one of my favorite albums. Before that, I've been getting familiar with Muse, The Mars Volta, Siouxsie, various Patton projects, Big Data. Doing all that while still making time for all my existing favorites doesn't leave a ton of room for more. I honestly don't know how you guys do it. 

There's just too much great stuff that I haven't heard from the past. Like this past week I've been listening almost exclusively to King for a Day which is almost instantly one of my favorite albums. Before that, I've been getting familiar with Muse, The Mars Volta, Siouxsie, various Patton projects, Big Data. Doing all that while still making time for all my existing favorites doesn't leave a ton of room for more. I honestly don't know how you guys do it. 

A Spotify subscription or a penchant for downloading, mostly.

A Spotify subscription or a penchant for downloading, mostly.

I've got a Spotify subscription thanks to that 99 cent three month deal they had, though I don't really like listening to new music on it (I use it mainly for Rocket League playlists at the moment). It's more of a time thing really. 

You seem to approach listening to music as like this big task. You can pull up a Youtube video for almost any band, or as Andrew said, Spotify, and it takes like 3 seconds. You can listen for as long or as little as you want. I can hear a band and click on like 4 or 5 of their songs on Spotify and decide whether they're worth exploring more or not in like < 2 minutes.

You seem to approach listening to music as like this big task. 

this x 100000. it's so annoying really

Spotify also has this excellent feature where they make you a new playlist every week, which is an awesome way to sample a bunch of stuff you might like.

You seem to approach listening to music as like this big task. You can pull up a Youtube video for almost any band, or as Andrew said, Spotify, and it takes like 3 seconds. You can listen for as long or as little as you want. I can hear a band and click on like 4 or 5 of their songs on Spotify and decide whether they're worth exploring more or not in like < 2 minutes.

I do that... when I'm looking for new music to listen to. I'm usually all booked up though. 

Like others, if I cannot get the album on the Spotify, then I hit the Youtube because someone else in the world almost always is happy to go through the work of creating a video with the music. In this crazy age of the social media and internets, finding music is easy. Gone are the days of recording things off the radio on your tape recorder! Or whatever other crazy method y'all once used (that was just always mine).

Congrats to Enter Shikari.  With their fourth straight win, their song "Torn Apart" will be retired and inducted into the Hall of Fame.  Two new songs will be featured in this Monday's Clash.

I was kind of curious if we were just going to have one song win over and over.

2. If a song is able to win four times in a row (a two-week reign), the song will be officially retired from the competition and inducted into a Clash Hall of Fame that will be set up.  This will stop the competition from getting too stale and memorialize favorite songs from the TLAN users.

Apologies for the hiatus folks.  Turns out the part of this I really hate is having to remember to PM you fuckers.

So anyone interested in submitting a song should use this link.  Please only submit one song for this submission period, and I will reopen submissions once a month or so.

http://goo.gl/forms/ul8YX6ioCK

Nice, that's probably easier anyways than juggling PMs. I submitted a song. :)

That was my line of thinking. Long as you guys use it this should work really well for me and keep this a low maintenance project.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0