Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

The CLASH - General Discussion and Sign-Up

103 posts in this topic

Long story short, the idea was noble from you Andrew, but in the end it was absolute crap because of "your followers"  

I am glad that I am considered an "outsider" or a "new member" to this forum.  I don't feel obligated to support the bullshit spewed from the "Veteran" members. 

Oh my God, what is wrong with you? Did anything that happened in this thread just now justify this response? You, who once had a string of PMs talking to me about mature behavior, and you act like a little kid with a temper tantrum whenever someone poses the slightest opposition.

Long story short, the idea was noble from you Andrew, but in the end it was absolute crap because of "your followers"  

I am glad that I am considered an "outsider" or a "new member" to this forum.  I don't feel obligated to support the bullshit spewed from the "Veteran" members. 

Oh come on dude.  I told you I'm open to taking a feedback and criticism but I have a vision for this and you're the only one with that concern so there's no reason to be an ass to me because I'd rather stick to my guns on this one.

Says the guy who creates a thread shortly after I create my own idea (which while not the same as this, is very similar) during your "baby's" (TL Picks) hiatus.  

Fuck off Andrew.

Edited by BreakTheAgony87

I think this might be even better than the 'bands to know' forum way of discovering new bands, honestly. I know I don't go and listen to every single band in there but I would definitely listen to a song because of something like this. 

Says the guy who creates a thread shortly after I create my own idea (which while not the same as this, is very similar) during your "baby's" (TL Picks) hiatus.  

Fuck off Andrew.

Andrew talked to me and Nixon about doing this idea four days ago. What, you really think that this was an attempt to steal your thunder? Are you crazy?

I posted this a week ago:

So would anyone be interested in a Loudwire-style battle of the bands every few days or so with a TL/AN kind of spin on it? I've been kicking around the idea lately and think it could be fun.

So I guess you stole my idea.

Breanna gets a free pass because she comes from the same general "shit" music region as I do (it's a sad day in Hell when Wisconsin / Minnesota have 10x more Active stations than Chicago does)

This is where I am coming from.  I get my new music info either from this site, or my piss poor active station (hence where my First Decree topic came from).  I don't have the same connections as maybe some of you do, so long story short.

Fuck off, for giving me shit for my complaints.

I think this might be even better than the 'bands to know' forum way of discovering new bands, honestly. I know I don't go and listen to every single band in there but I would definitely listen to a song because of something like this. 

And Breanna sees my intentions in this cloud of chaos.  Thank you, I hope you enjoy this.

Yep because EVERYBODY reads that particular thread on a daily...no hourly basis.

Just fuck off.  I am truly, officially done with this shithole.  I don't need two shitholes (my work + my main source of good music) in my life.  I've said this before, but this time I mean it.  Please don't anticipate me posting on this anymore.  This is a clusterfuck to the max!

Yep because EVERYBODY reads that particular thread on a daily...no hourly basis.

Just fuck off.  I am truly, officially done with this shithole.  I don't need two shitholes (my work + my main source of good music) in my life.  I've said this before, but this time I mean it.  Please don't anticipate me posting on this anymore.  This is a clusterfuck to the max!

*shrug*

All it does is obviously clear my name since you apparently think I'm just piggy-backing your idea.  I was being sarcastic with my accusation of you, but maybe you just take everything too seriously and I should have snuck a smiley face in there somewhere.

Can't wait till you come crawling back in a day or two.

You have problems. I don't know if something is bothering you at home or at work or whatever, but you are being way too volatile over this situation which is not that big of a deal and should not be upsetting you as much as it apparently is.

You have problems. I don't know if something is bothering you at home or at work or whatever, but you are being way too volatile over this situation which is not that big of a deal and should not be upsetting you as much as it apparently is.

Since I want this to be a hub thread for my thing, I'd rather we not continue to fuel the drama.  Perhaps we should take this to a more private venue.

I love this idea also. Sure, I think playing some kind of game that focuses on bands most of us have never heard would be better.  I'm always on the lookout for new music, but anything you all propose is cool with me :)

There are no restrictions on genre (I assume you all know picking a non-rock song could handicap your choice pretty badly, but your call)

Well if this is indeed true then Im glad because I might throw a few curveballs in there.

Edited by DarkDragon

I have no issue with the one-year restriction, though it is going to make it blatantly obvious when I picked a song because all I've listened to from the past year is shit that I've plugged at least a few times on here. "Faith No More? Oh, that must've been Ruiner." "There goes Ruiner again with that Honey Claws..." "We both know that you're the only person on here who gives a damn about Queen Kwong, Ruiner"

I have no issue with the one-year restriction, though it is going to make it blatantly obvious when I picked a song because all I've listened to from the past year is shit that I've plugged at least a few times on here. "Faith No More? Oh, that must've been Ruiner." "There goes Ruiner again with that Honey Claws..." "We both know that you're the only person on here who gives a damn about Queen Kwong, Ruiner"

Well maybe you should listen to more music, kid.

Well maybe you should listen to more music, kid.

Man you guys have no idea just how much music I listen to. I buy like at least three CDs every paycheck. It's just usually not something that came out within the last year, usually stuff I heard about via word of mouth or digging into the discographies of bands I already like. 

Not making excuses, just saying. 

Edited by Dylan

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0