TaNbULL

Saint Asonia - 'Saint Asonia'

65 posts in this topic

I'll pick up this album tomorrow.  I hope that you TaN were just hoping for something similar to TDG and that is why you were disappointed.  All of the songs I have heard (including "Trying to Catch Up With the World" which has grown on me) have all been really good IMHO.  

I'll pick up this album tomorrow.  I hope that you TaN were just hoping for something similar to TDG and that is why you were disappointed.  All of the songs I have heard (including "Trying to Catch Up With the World" which has grown on me) have all been really good IMHO.  

I didn't want it to sound like TDG. The vocal melodies are just not that great on the entire album. Some cool guitar work on some songs, but for the most part this is nothing special.

I feel like everyone is judging this as a TDG album when in all actuality it is not. I'm not positive how much work Adam did for TDG in the writing process but he's only 1/4 of Saint Asonia.

Bought this at Best Buy for 8 bucks today, I like it quite a bit so far. It definitely doesn't break any new ground or anything, but it's a solid album.

I don't want to compare it to 3DG, but it's hard not to, it's definitely better than 3DG's current effort by far, and is better than Transit of Venus.

Honestly, if this were an actually 3DG album, I would put it just slightly above Life Starts Now, maybe even equals with that album.

I think ya'll were expecting this to be a One-X Part 2 and that just wasn't going to happen.  I think the album as a whole is really solid, the only two songs I didn't really care for were "King of Nothing" and "Leaving Minnesota".  I thought that "Waste My Time" was a beautiful song, but probably would have been better with Aaron Lewis singing it.

I would say this is a 7.5 / 10 for me.  

What I find confusing is that Adam left because he felt Three Days Grace was catering too much to the radio now. How is this different than what Three Days Grace puts out?

What I find confusing is that Adam left because he felt Three Days Grace was catering too much to the radio now. How is this different than what Three Days Grace puts out?

Because these songs wouldn't do shit on radio if Adam wasn't attached to this project. They're all boring, listless rock songs. I guess that was his dream.

This is a weird album. The music sounds good, Adam sounds good, but something is just off. It seems like they tried to rush the album out and the mastering/layering of the music and vocals suffers from it. It's like these are rough demos, and sounds like Adam is almost covering the songs on youtube covers just singing over the music. The lyrics aren't the greatest either but they never really have been a strong suit of anything Adam has been iinvolved in. A lot of the songs have parts that I really really like, but then they have other parts of the song that are really mediocre. I'm pretty disappointed, but it's not an awful album it's simply average.

I think you just like mediocre music.

I don't think you have any idea who I am.  Three Days Grace / Adam was and never will be a band / musician that people go and listen to because their / his music is "ground-breaking" or "musically amazing".  If you ever thought that for a second then you need to take a good, hard look at your definition for those terms.

I don't think you have any idea who I am. people

Well if I can't make assumptions about why you like it maybe you shouldn't assume you know why other people don't like it.

Well if I can't make assumptions about why you like it maybe you shouldn't assume you know why other people don't like it.

For real. Dude just assumed I wanted it to be like TDG. I just think the album is trash. 

Your "assumption" was nothing more than you bashing me for liking this band.  My assumption was said after making an observation in not only THIS thread, but the "Saint Asonia" thread in the "Got News" section.  There is a pretty significant difference between our two "assumptions"

Your "assumption" was nothing more than you bashing me for liking this band.  My assumption was said after making an observation in not only THIS thread, but the "Saint Asonia" thread in the "Got News" section.  There is a pretty significant difference between our two "assumptions"

Which doesn't really matter at all.  You still assumed that we just didn't like the album because we were expecting 3DG when truth be told you have no idea at all whether that's true or not.  I couldn't give a shit less if it sounds like 3DG or not because I just want good music.  I'm not the kind of guy who shits on Minutes to Midnight because it's not Hybrid Theory.  I am CONSTANTLY the guy defending the artist's right to change their sound as long as the music is still good, so frankly for you to assume the complete opposite of me is just as irresponsible and insulting as my assumption of you.

Frankly, I have very few pet peeves bigger than when people say shit like that.  "Oh you only don't like it cause you wanted something else."  "Oh you only like those other albums because you're nostalgic."  Fuck you, I know why I like what I like and you don't, so get off your high horse.

Which doesn't really matter at all.  You still assumed that we just didn't like the album because we were expecting 3DG when truth be told you have no idea at all whether that's true or not.  I couldn't give a shit less if it sounds like 3DG or not because I just want good music.  I'm not the kind of guy who shits on Minutes to Midnight because it's not Hybrid Theory.  I am CONSTANTLY the guy defending the artist's right to change their sound as long as the music is still good, so frankly for you to assume the complete opposite of me is just as irresponsible and insulting as my assumption of you.

Frankly, I have very few pet peeves bigger than when people say shit like that.  "Oh you only don't like it cause you wanted something else."  "Oh you only like those other albums because you're nostalgic."  Fuck you, I know why I like what I like and you don't, so get off your high horse.

Fuck me?  Fuck you dude.

You started this shit by saying this "I think you just like mediocre music."  Here is an idea that might be completely foreign to you.  My ears hear the sound that this CD produces, my brain then deciphers those sounds and determines that it get pleasure from hearing those sounds.  This is the exact same mechanism that makes people go crazy for Justin Beiber, country music or the opera.  How about you grow the fuck up, stop giving me shit for liking something you don't, and move on with your life.  

Also, if you don't like this album, how about you stop making worthless posts bashing me, and let the people who do enjoy it (or who don't but want to legitimately discuss the album) have this thread to converse about it in peace.

Ohh and one of my biggest pet peeves is when people disrespect or degrade other people for having an opinion.