pen

In Case Anyone Hasn't Noticed...

162 posts in this topic

I think your first official act as admin Pen, should be to give me the rights to the name Chris over TLCHRIS who is long gone.

I think your first official act as admin Pen, should be to give me the rights to the name Chris over TLCHRIS who is long gone.

You do realize that if you change your nickname to Chris in your profile, it'll show up as Chris on the forums. Just your username will stay as Chris7.

Did I miss something?

That's weird he just left without a goodbye but that's nice of him to keep footing the bill to keep the forum up. If he ever gets tired of paying, I'd gladly help chip in to keep this place alive. Now the three head-honchos of TuneLab over the years (Jay, Chris and Mikel) are all officially gone. It's a new day. Jay was a good guy from what I knew of him talking on here. I'll miss him. Even though he was never the most active user on the forums, his loss is easily the biggest in the history of this website.

While I'd absolutely not prefer this and part of me feels kind of weird saying this, I'd be on board with crowd-funding to keep the forum alive too if it ever comes to it.

Why was the forum down? I'm scared.

I almost sent a message to Andrew on Twitter asking what was going on. I haven't been on Twitter in a long time too.

We need a place to meet up in case the forum disappears so we can start a new forum god forbid.

And this fills Kalt's post quota for the month.

Don't make me drive down to Florida.

No, seriously.  I can't afford the gas.

BTW guys, Jay gave me some info including a couple sites to use to check this kind of stuff should it happen again. It sounds like the host isn't expecting any further problems at this time but it's always possible, so if you see the forum go down again, don't panic or at least panic in a way that is respectful of your fellow forum dwellers and will not harm yourself or others.

Seriously though, damn. Pretty awesome all around. After the comments of discussion in here about Jay still paying for Tunelab, Jay let me know he was still looking to walk away permanently. I had made a comment to him that I might be interested in the future, but I have personal stuff to get in gear so I don't know how far out that would've been. But this is excellent; now I don't have to think about that, and I can't imagine a better owner. And I'm intrigued by your comments about your plans for Tunelab. Whatever they are, I'm happy to help serve.

As long as the forums stay the same, I don't care what happens to the main site.

As far as Tunelab, I'm not 100% sure on what the exact direction for it is, but I have some things in mind.

I don't know if you realize this but the TuneLab name is a subliminal message to let the world know that Christian Bale is a nut. So maybe you could turn the website into the HQ for all things balenut.

Well this is nifty. I know I had convos w/ Jay around someone taking over completely last year, too. Glad he found the right guy for it.

Wow, this is awesome Nixon. Really happy about this.

As for Jay, I'm still surprised he left us without saying goodbye or anything. Hope he brings his account back and posts every now and then.

the maintenance obviously took much longer than expected (about 2 1/2 hours longer haha)

Sorry about that. Some images and things on the boards may be off right now because we had to cancel the update because the server was giving us problems.  That'll be fixed soon, but figured everyone wanted a functioning board to use in the meantime still. 

apologies again

Thanks for the update dawg.

You should consider using the subreddit, or maybe getting a Tunelab twitter going again, so that you can update us on things during times like these.