Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

TL Picks: Archive and General Discussion

169 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jmg05005 said:

I'm trying to be courteous by censoring my words, I'm not sure why you're trying to mess with me.

The messing with you is all in good fun, but honestly? If you really wanted to be courteous you could just refrain from using the words, but you want to use the words. And we're okay with that. People say fuck here all the time and no one bats an eye, cause we're all adults and who gives a shit? If we really cared about it, we have our own profanity filter to filter out what you say, but to self-edit your own words when no one else cares is stupid. Do you really think that using an asterisk subtracts your words and their intent? 

Yo Andrew, why did we never do one of these for 10 Years? (have been binging them the last couple days so I'm selfishly asking this question)

If you're super eager to play this game, the Alternative/Rock/AAA Section of the Pulse Music Board does it every two weeks or so with a new artist. Silversun Pickups was the last one with Deftones being the one before that.

Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Blink-182, and David Bowie were the choices that Silversun Pickups just narrowly beat out in votes, so I'd expect one of those artists to be in the next tournament.

On 5/14/2016 at 3:38 AM, xeph said:

Yo Andrew, why did we never do one of these for 10 Years? (have been binging them the last couple days so I'm selfishly asking this question)

Good call, I'd be into throwing them on the next ballot.

Speaking of which, I really am gonna do AIC soon.  Just been busy lately.

4 hours ago, DarkDragon said:

Why not give the people want they want ? Im sure they dont want AIC.

Well AIC won the popular vote so I'd say they do want that.

I had been waiting to vote for Sevendust until 'Kill the Flaw' came out, but now that it's been released a little ago, 7D will be getting my vote on every ballot they're on.

7 minutes ago, jmg05005 said:

Have we done Metallica yet? I can't remember, and if not, they should definitely be after Green Day.

Assuming people vote them to be next.

On 5/22/2015 at 6:44 PM, Andrew said:

I'm thinking a "Bands from the 90's and Beyond" theme for our next ballot. How's this sound for a voting selection?

Foo Fighters

Green Day

Incubus

The Offspring

Our Lady Peace

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Open to adding some more.

(Yes I know RHCP predate the 90's but most of us are going to favor their post-Mother's Milk material and you know it)

Idk if this list still matters, but.... RATM would be awesome

On 6/13/2016 at 10:41 PM, xeph said:

Idk if this list still matters, but.... RATM would be awesome

Also Faith No More if you want to throw me a bone--they of course also predate the 90's, but it's not like anybody cares about Chuck Mosley-Era FNM. 

Not sure if ever mentioned before, but The Used would be an interesting band to do for this as well. Pretty vast discography.