Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

TL Picks: Archive and General Discussion

169 posts in this topic

I've dabbled in the Tree, but not enough to single out their leaves.

This is basically where I'm at with Porcupine Tree. I really do like them though.

Shinedown has been added to the OP.  We'll be advancing with our 90's alt band of choice with a voting window of a bit over two weeks.  I'll likely put the thread up tomorrow.  You'll also be voting on which "Tunelab Band" will be the next list, as we get back to the super popular groups around here.  This will be the ballot.

Alter Bridge

Avenged Sevenfold

Disturbed

Papa Roach

Sevendust

Staind

Three Days Grace

Trapt

And after that, I'm thinking an emo/pop-punk motif~  So much to do!

Shinedown has been added to the OP.  We'll be advancing with our 90's alt band of choice with a voting window of a bit over two weeks.  I'll likely put the thread up tomorrow.  You'll also be voting on which "Tunelab Band" will be the next list, as we get back to the super popular groups around here.  This will be the ballot.

Alter Bridge

Avenged Sevenfold

Disturbed

Papa Roach

Sevendust

Staind

Three Days Grace

Trapt

And after that, I'm thinking an emo/pop-punk motif~  So much to do!

I'm hoping for Alter Bridge finally, but most of those are really good options.  I already have my TDG list finished, and I also have begun compiling songs for Staind (which is incredibly difficult), and Disturbed.  

So what is this game exactly? Been seeing it a lot, and I kind of want to get in it with everyone. Sounds like fun.

Basically we pick a band and then everyone who wants to participate submits a list of their Top 10 songs (for their entire discography) to Andrew, who assigns points to each number, totals the points up and then tells us which song was the consensus' favorite. It provides a fun medium to have friendly (although not sometimes) debates about common music interests.

Cool! Sounds like fun. I may have to join in when the next one starts.

Yeah feel free to click through all the old ones to get a feel for how it goes. Next band gets announced today, probably.

Yellowcard all day every day!!!

I completely forgot about Yellowcard as an option.They have nine full-length albums, so that could work. The question is, would that many people here be familiar with their material? They didn't win the first round of Music Madness, so I thinking there may not be many Yellowcard addicts like me and I guess you as well.

I'm hoping for Sevendust or Papa Roach. I think Sevendust would be the hardest for me to pick out of all the band's we have mentioned.

I'm a huge Yellowcard fan but their newest album was predictably average. I'd say they just lost because they were up against a real stellar Demon Hunter record. There's definitely a decent pocket of Yellowcard peeps here though.

I completely forgot about Yellowcard as an option.They have nine full-length albums, so that could work. The question is, would that many people here be familiar with their material? They didn't win the first round of Music Madness, so I thinking there may not be many Yellowcard addicts like me and I guess you as well.

They didn't win their first round match in Music Madness because damn Pen had them up against Demon Hunter (which even after listening to that album of theirs I wasn't at all impressed). But you're right, I am not sure how many people would really vote for them.

Sevendust, Seether, Tool and Deftones are the 4 extremely popular hard rock bands that for whatever reason I just cannot fully get in to. I like songs by them (and most of the singles), but albumwise, they just don't do it for me. *shrugs*

I didn't consider Yellowcard as an option because I just figured it would be Fall Out Boy.

I'd rather have Good Charlotte, Sum 41, The AAR, Or JEW before I'd want to do FOB.

FOB would be fun. So would Sum 41, but my list would literally be 10 songs from Chuck arranged in some order. JEW would be killer. Good Charlotte and AAR, eh.

FOB would be fun. So would Sum 41, but my list would literally be 10 songs from Chuck arranged in some order. JEW would be killer. Good Charlotte and AAR, eh.

LOL, clearly we have much different tastes, because outside of "Pieces" Does This Look Infected? is in my opinion the far superior album.  All Killer No Filler is better than Chuck also  

I can't imagine a TL Picks: Good Charlotte ever happening.

The pop punk ballot is mostly sorted and some of those bands you mentioned are featured.

I can't imagine a TL Picks: Good Charlotte ever happening.

The pop punk ballot is mostly sorted and some of those bands you mentioned are featured.

Well considering that Alter Bridge has gotten beaten out by Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Deftones and Shinedown...of course a TL Picks: Good Charlotte will never happen.  Especially if it is going up against Blink-182 and Fall Out Boy.    

This is what I had in mind

Blink-182

Fall Out Boy

Jimmy Eat World

My Chemical Romance

Paramore

Taking Back Sunday

The Used

Yellowcard

Well much like FF, Blink would probably win that vote easily.  They should be considered a part of the "Heavy Hitters" category (just like the FF should have been).  Give these smaller bands a chance, like MCR or Yellowcard, to win.  

Well considering that Alter Bridge has gotten beaten out by Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Deftones and Shinedown...of course a TL Picks: Good Charlotte will never happen.  Especially if it is going up against Blink-182 and Fall Out Boy.    

I don't think I understand the correlation here.