Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

TL Picks: Archive and General Discussion

169 posts in this topic

I'm a huge Seattle guy, so anyone from the grunge scene would be awesome (Soundgarden, PJ...) but I don't know if that works for others. I'm cool with anything :)

I was thinking a full-on grunge ballot another time. Nirvana, AIC, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and STP would probably do the trick.

I'm thinking a "Bands from the 90's and Beyond" theme for our next ballot. How's this sound for a voting selection?

Foo Fighters

Green Day

Incubus

The Offspring

Our Lady Peace

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Open to adding some more.

(Yes I know RHCP predate the 90's but most of us are going to favor their post-Mother's Milk material and you know it)

Bush goddamn you.

How do y'all feel about the band Live?

I feel like them, Bush, Sponge, Collective Soul, Fuel, Silverchair, and Seven Mary Three could all be in a 90s post-grunge category.

How do y'all feel about the band Live?

Obsession?

Or that Throwing Copper is the second greatest album of all time (Siamese Dream #1)...

Or that Ed's voice is one of the best things that's ever happened to music...

Problem with Porcupine Tree is that we've got... Four? Members who listen to them. Andrew seems to be open to less well known but highly revered bands in, but there's a point where you need it to at least be a band most are familiar with.

We've probably got more than four who listen to them, but probably not more than ten people.

You, me, GB, and Smell My Finger are the only ones I know of. I know Wired is a big fan but he's never around.

For what it's worth, I really like the song "Way Out Of Here". For what it's worth, I struggle to hold my attention during most of their stuff.

For what it's worth, I really like the song "Way Out Of Here". For what it's worth, I struggle to hold my attention during most of their stuff.

You should listen to "Hatesong". It rulez

After listening to more LP songs, I'd probably put Powerless as my number 1, and Leave Out All the Rest as 2, and bumped the rest down 1 spot

EDIT: I think my last.fm is broken.