Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

TL Picks: Archive and General Discussion

169 posts in this topic

This OP will reflect the results of each TL Picks as well as link to the past threads.  If you'd like to provide general feedback, submit band ideas, or just talk about whatever bullshit between rounds, feel free to do it here.

Breaking Benjamin (March 2015)

1. The Diary of Jane

2. So Cold

3. Blow Me Away

4. Dance With the Devil

5. Polyamorous

Chevelle (March 2015)

1. The Clincher

2. The Red

3. Vitamin R (Leading Us Along)

4. Get Some

5. Comfortable Liar

Deftones (May 2015)

1. Passenger

2. Change (In the House of Flies)

3. Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)

4. Digital Bath

5. Minerva

Foo Fighters (June 2015)

1. Everlong

2. My Hero

3. Monkey Wrench

4. The Pretender

5. Times Like These

Jimmy Eat World (August 2015)

1. 23

2. Sweetness

3. Bleed American

4. A Praise Chorus

5. Futures

Linkin Park (April 2015)

1. In The End

2. Papercut

3. Waiting For the End

4. Numb

5. Faint

Papa Roach (November 2015)

1. Between Angels and Insects

2. Forever

3. Getting Away With Murder

4. Last Resort

5. Not That Beautiful

Red (March 2015)

1. Breathe Into Me

2. Already Over

3. Let Go

4. Feed The Machine

5. Lost

Seether (July 2015)

1. Remedy

2. Fine Again

3. Breakdown

4. Broken (feat. Amy Lee)

5. Truth | The Gift

Shinedown (June 2015)

1. 45

2. Fly From The Inside

3. Burning Bright

4. The Sound of Madness

5. What a Shame

Three Days Grace (November 2015)

1. I Hate Everything About You

2. Just Like You

3. Never Too Late

4. Animal I Have Become

5. Home

Yeah I'd like more bands in the polls to choose from so let's pitch some of them. I'm not under any illusion any of my favorites are ever getting done but there's plenty of bands I like that could get in. Stone Sour would be fun. I think some of the old nu-metal bands like Korn have been heard by enough that they could get some solid participation down the line once all the more appealing choices are done.

Oh and this has been a lot of fun and a great idea, Andrew. Thanks for all you've done. We need more games like this.

And while I just said I was under no illusion that they'd ever get picked, I'd be remiss to not say I'd love to do NIN and Queens of the Stone Age. And also Faith No More.

I already PMed Andrew to put Staind in the list of bands to pick from. I think we could also do Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Bullet for my Valentine, Korn, System of a Down and Theory of a Deadman

I already PMed Andrew to put Staind in the list of bands to pick from. I think we could also do Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Bullet for my Valentine, Korn, System of a Down and Theory of a Deadman

Most of those make sense but Theory? There are a couple of these I'm not sure would be too popular but Theory is actively disliked.

Most of those make sense but Theory? There are a couple of these I'm not sure would be too popular but Theory is actively disliked.

Eh, I'm sure people will correct me if I'm wrong but I think the first two Theory albums are pretty much liked, the third is divided, the fourth disliked. I don't know how people feel on the newest one but honestly I think it was a step back to where they need to be.

Metallica? I don't know how you guys feel about them, but their good songs are really good even if they've also written a lot of shit over the years.

Oh yeah Metallica would definitely make sense.

And, I mean, yeah, two albums of sorta well regarded material isn't much to go on for a top ten list.

Oh yeah Metallica would definitely make sense.

And, I mean, yeah, two albums of sorta well regarded material isn't much to go on for a top ten list.

I'm sure there are songs from the other albums that people enjoy. It will just be the one band where the singles are unlikely to make the list.

If we're working off the idea that they have good singles, I will agree with that, but they have great album cuts as well and it's a disservice to them as artists to peg them otherwise.

I don't know enough about Foo but definitely not RHCP and... well, I guess you could make the argument that a LOT of Metallica's best stuff is singles, they've got as many fantastic album cuts.

And with some of these bands, some of what were technically album cuts get played on the radio now like they were singles because of how famous the songs became afterwards. I think that's especially the case with Metallica.

I doubt this would get much support, but Rammstein would be badass!

Another band that I would very seriously propose for this is Incubus. I think that would go over very well and have a lot of passionate participation.