Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Better Call Saul

95 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Yeah I'm not ready for it to be over :(

The blow is softened by Silicon Valley's imminent return though.

You need to get on The Americans, bruh. Most tragically underseen show on TV (and also the best one). 

This season really flew by. I figured there was another 3-5 episodes after this one. 

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

You need to get on The Americans, bruh. Most tragically underseen show on TV (and also the best one). 

This season really flew by. I figured there was another 3-5 episodes after this one. 

Since it's on Amazon Prime I might check it out soon.  I am in sort of a weird spot where I'm not binging through anything at the moment.  Just sporadically watching Gilmore Girls and New Girl.

36 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Since it's on Amazon Prime I might check it out soon.  I am in sort of a weird spot where I'm not binging through anything at the moment.  Just sporadically watching Gilmore Girls and New Girl.

Well you clearly need to add Golden Girls and HBO's Girls for consistency. 

But yeah season one is really good, season two is great, and season three (and four thus far) have been flat out terrific. That neither lead has gotten any major award attention is a travesty. Matthew Rhys could've legit taken the Emmy from both Cranston and McConaughey in 2014 and I'd have been cool with it. 

I see a lot of people on the BCS IMDB board ripping on this show, especially for Mike's character and him "Just sitting in a car". Hasn't that always been Mike? It's going on about 3 years since I last watched Breaking Bad, but I'm pretty sure that's been Mike's thing before Better Call Saul. He sits back, watches, and plans things out. 

I guess I'm not too surprised by the criticisms towards this show since it's a slow burner. I'm enjoying everything about the characters. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I see a lot of people on the BCS IMDB board ripping on this show, especially for Mike's character and him "Just sitting in a car". Hasn't that always been Mike? It's going on about 3 years since I last watched Breaking Bad, but I'm pretty sure that's been Mike's thing before Better Call Saul. He sits back, watches, and plans things out. 

I guess I'm not too surprised by the criticisms towards this show since it's a slow burner. I'm enjoying everything about the characters. 

See that's what I like about his character so much. He's smart about everything, and then when he does to something he does it big. The wow factor always makes it more satisfying when he does act. Plus I love the back story we are starting to learn this season with his son and his past, makes a lot of sense. I'm worried something really bad is going to happen to his family soon(I'm watching the most recent episode as we speak)

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well yeah, there was always going to be people who wouldn't like a show about lawyers lawyering following a show about drugs and murder, no matter how deftly written the characters were. No clue where that Mike criticism is coming from though. It's pretty abundantly clear that both Jimmy and Mike are a long way from becoming their BrBa selves who are guys who are perfectly comfortable with murder. 

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Oh god Jimmy why did you do that you stupid motherfucker

It's funny, I immediately thought "Oh shit he's trying to guilt him into admitting it" but Chuck sold it so damn well that by the end I bought it and thought the season was going to end on the note of Chuck looking past it due to the fact that Jimmy confessed to it out of the goodness of his heart to save his career (with the cushion of "Your word against mine"). And then.... fuck the goodness of your heart, Jimmy.

I never thought he'd be recording the conversation though. That explains why he had to take so long to answer the door.

Dammit man, you guys have me amped up to see this season now, sounds like a cliffhanger ending again in typical BrBa/BCS fashion?

Yeah, I kinda figured out that final scene before the reveal. I had that "Man Jimmy, you idiot!" reaction the entire time. Also, there hasn't been a single down moment when it comes to the Jimmy and Chuck back and forth. Easily the best part about this show.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah, I kinda figured out that final scene before the reveal. I had that "Man Jimmy, you idiot!" reaction the entire time. Also, there hasn't been a single down moment when it comes to the Jimmy and Chuck back and forth. Easily the best part about this show.

Yeah I had a sinking feeling as soon as Jimmy started confessing.  Like jesus christ, man, you're a lawyer, what are you doing confessing to a crime.

Of course the genius of the show is that you can totally see why he'd do it, because time and time again we've seen that Chuck is Jimmy's blindspot.  Gonna come back to bite him in the ass hard on this one.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah, I'd bet good money that Michael McKean is snatching Jonathan Banks's Emmy nod this year. He was fucking terrific this episode. I'd also imagine that'll be Odenkirk's submission as well. 

8 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yeah, I'd bet good money that Michael McKean is snatching Jonathan Banks's Emmy nod this year. He was fucking terrific this episode. I'd also imagine that'll be Odenkirk's submission as well. 

Odenkirk's submission should be the scene where he's trying to convince those ladies he can shoot on school grounds.  Half-joking.

and then there's Rhea Seehorn who should be allowed to walk into the Emmy building, submit the entire season, drop the mic, take an Emmy, and go home.

17 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Odenkirk's submission should be the scene where he's trying to convince those ladies he can shoot on school grounds.  Half-joking.

and then there's Rhea Seehorn who should be allowed to walk into the Emmy building, submit the entire season, drop the mic, take an Emmy, and go home.

Not if Ann Dowd had any say in the matter, though you aren't wrong to feel that way (because Seehorn has been the season's MVP to my eyes). I'd also love to see Holly Taylor get her name in the mix too, but that seems like a tall order. 

Or maybe the Emmys continue to ignore both of those shows the same way American television audiences do and Seehorn does indeed run away with it. 

59 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Yeah I had a sinking feeling as soon as Jimmy started confessing.  Like jesus christ, man, you're a lawyer, what are you doing confessing to a crime.

Of course the genius of the show is that you can totally see why he'd do it, because time and time again we've seen that Chuck is Jimmy's blindspot.  Gonna come back to bite him in the ass hard on this one.

Yeah, any other show I think i would have been a little upset figuring out the reveal before character. But with Jimmy's emotional state, on a bit of a guilt trip, I completely understood. Jimmy's bleeding heart is going to get sucked dry by Chuck.

16 hours ago, Dylan said:

Oh motherFUCKER

I just finished watching the finale, and this perfectly sums up my feelings to the end. The Walking Dead can learn a thing or two about how to do cliffhangers. 

2 minutes ago, chicago_animal said:

DON'T.  A note left by Gus Fring? 

I never made the connection myself until I heard others talk about it, but Gilligan has confirmed that he'll have a presence in S3.