Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Better Call Saul

95 posts in this topic

I'm all caught up now and this show is great. I was afraid that this would be like most all prequels where it feels meaningless in the grand scheme of things and is some cash-grab that shows an inferior, unnecessary and boring story about how we get to the events of what this leads up to but luckily it is so much more than that. I was shocked that the first thing we see is Saul in hiding. I thought we'd see that near the end of the series years from now. As that scene went on I was just dying to see one little reference to Breaking Bad and then when I got it I'm watching the rest of the first episode and it's so damn good that the ongoing story of Saul is what has me interested, not just seeing how it leads into Breaking Bad. It stands on its own like no prequel I've ever seen before.

Unfortunately I read a review before I watched the first episode so the Tuco thing was spoiled for me. I was very upset I read that cause I usually see surprises coming a mile away in TV shows and I know for a fact that Tuco popping up would've completely shocked me. I understand they did that so Saul could get his foot in the door of the criminal world but in the future I hope they refrain from having Saul run into Breaking Bad cast members by chance cause it'll seem goofy, like what are the odds? Lost did stuff like that a lot and it just seemed so unrealistic and forced.

Oh and I thought the AMC ad after the first commercial of the first episode was hilarious. When FX runs those, you're like "man they have some great shows" but when AMC does it they show like three or four shows and some of them are just crap no one cares about like Hell on Wheels.

Ah Vince Gilligan, you brilliant bastard. This guy doesn't quit and he's making Saul's show another awesome adventure in this universe. Loved the Tuco scene in the desert. I love both episodes. Very intrigued and will keep watching and enjoying this. Love the cold opening of the first episode to kind of give a nod to BrBa after. It's a solid transition from the original show to this one and then they move right into him. The only part I didn't like was the long bit of him in and out of all the crappy PD cases scene, felt like a bit of a filler. But otherwise really happy w/ the show so far. I'm intrigued to see what ends up w/ his brother and how he ends up using Mike as his clean-up guy eventually considering these hilarious initial run-ins seem to show they're not very friendly.

The only part I didn't like was the long bit of him in and out of all the crappy PD cases scene, felt like a bit of a filler.

I didn't think it was filler. It showed that he was busting his ass and was still getting nowhere in life. Now when he ends up becoming a criminal lawyer we'll know it's because he tried his hardest to do it legit and that didn't work.

I didn't think it was filler. It showed that he was busting his ass and was still getting nowhere in life. Now when he ends up becoming a criminal lawyer we'll know it's because he tried his hardest to do it legit and that didn't work.

Well would ya look at that?! Mike nailing it

another great episode w/ a little cliffhanger action. i like where this has been going. i liked that bit of back story of him in prison, too. interesting new info.