Mike

The Walking Dead

1,246 posts in this topic

Mike
:

Women, old people and kids drag the team down and lower their chances of survival.

Dale is old and looks to be rather useful. He's probably the best mechanic. Also, I hear Andrea (the blonde woman) becomes pretty badass later. But in general, what you say is true.

Mike
:

My friend made a good point, if it was just Rick, his friend and the guy with the crossbow, they'd survivor forever.

The show is trying to be realistic in what would happen in real life. Men would not just leave their families because they would have a better chance to survive.

Also, you should add Glen to that list. He seems to be the fastest/sneakiest, making him the best scout.

Andrew
:

Yeah cause that was TOTALLY a spoiler.

She said she can't stand Shane and you said "you'd love the comic." Sure it might not happen in the show, but a pretty obvious comic spoiler that he dies could possibly spoil the show in the future. I have been thinking that Shane might be someone who dies in the future but I sure as hell don't want to know what is happening in the comics cause we could see it in the show.

Mike
:

She said she can't stand Shane and you said "you'd love the comic." Sure it might not happen in the show, but a pretty obvious comic spoiler that he dies could possibly spoil the show in the future. I have been thinking that Shane might be someone who dies in the future but I sure as hell don't want to know what is happening in the comics cause we could see it in the show.

I didn't even take it like that. Now I guess I know he might die but I'm okay with that.

Mike
[^]
:

But what if he lives? Then you're falling down the other pants leg, as it were.

There were a lot of ways to take what I said. You took it one way Mike.

And to that point, COMIC SPOILERS, yes, Shane dies in the comic. The thing is though, Shane dies EARLY in the comics, like six issues in. If the TV show were following that string, he would be dead already, he'd be dead like three episodes ago. His actor is signed on as a series regular, and clearly they have plans for him for at least the rest of the season, so if he's going to die now, it's gonna be a surprise to everyone, comic reader or not.

I'd say to read the Comics. They are better then the show and you see how awesome the show is! When I heard they were making it into a show I DL the 50 issues that were out and they were awesome. I actually found myself staying awake late cause I kept saying ONE MORE ISSUE. One of the best things about the comic is that no one is safe from getting killed off except for Rick. Possibly they would kill him off and follow someone else if they wanted to but anything can happen in the comic. I don't see alot of these people dying on the show now as they have the core group they want to have on every episode.

Amazon has the first 50 issues in a trade paperback for only $35! It's in black and white so it's not that expensive.

Veritas
[^]
:

Probably not. They were out of ammo, tired/injured, and the car was still a decent distance away.

Considering he had enough time to shoot him, struggle with him, steal his shit and still make it to the bus easily. I think they would have been just fine

Harty
[^]
:

Considering he had enough time to shoot him, struggle with him, steal his shit and still make it to the bus easily. I think they would have been just fine

That's what I'm saying. Shane pulled a dick move.

Who knows how far the car was? The walkers were catching up to them at their current pace, and some fresh meat distracted them for quite a while. I remember Shane and Otis talking about how the car wasn't even in that area, and they'd have to double back around the school again in order to get to it.

Now, was it a dick move? Hell yes. Was it necessary for one of them to survive? Probably.

Given that there was a point in which Shane realized he'd have to stay behind for them to live and the guy refused to leave, the fact that what he did was more than likely necessary should be obvious.

Shane remains the best character on the show.

Đ¯uiner
:

Shane remains the best character on the show.

My vote is still for Daryl, though the Boondock Saints connection may or may not be affecting my decision in that matter.

What a great ending. When Shane was wobbling around the house I kinda thought we were gonna find out at the end that he got bit by a walker but I was completely suprised with the way things ended up happening. Shane officially turned heel.

I feel as though they both could have made it...just like fly pointed out, they had more than enough time. And even after Shane had told Otis to "go on without him" in the school, Otis told Shane that he wasn't leaving without him. That shows how selfless Otis was and how terrible Shane's decision was.

Ugh...I can't stand Shane. I hope when he dies he gets eaten alive.

Also, he reminds me of Rick Perry so I doubly hate him.

Shane has to be the most interesting character on the show cause anything he does is not reflected in the comic since he died so early on.

I'm hoping they leave the farm soon as there isn't much zombie action going on over there. Did they ever say why that is?

But they also dont have any zombies waiting by the fence, trying to get in. Remember in the first episode, they were able to break into the department store by breaking the glass door.
I think you are right about the fence, thinking back to the second episode of the season.

The pace of this seems too slow and the characters have little depth and as thick as . And where did the sliced bread for the sandwich come from in this weeks episode?

salemzorro
:

The pace of this seems too slow and the characters have little depth and as thick as shit. And where did the sliced bread for the sandwich come from in this weeks episode?

They probably made it...and then sliced it. ;)