Mike

The Walking Dead

1,246 posts in this topic

It seems like the Series and Comic Books are spiritually related to each other. The CDC is basically

spoilers

the TV version of the Gated Community the survivors visited in the Comics, where they thought they were safe. But something happened and they had to leave, then again I'm probably reading to much into things.

EchoX860
[^]
:

It seems like the Series and Comic Books are spiritually related to each other. The CDC is basically

spoilers

the TV version of the Gated Community the survivors visited in the Comics, where they thought they were safe. But something happened and they had to leave, then again I'm probably reading to much into things.

No, you're not.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/113/1138663p1.html

Well that was a great episode and an incredibly shocking out of no where ending. The only thing I didn't like...SPOILER...was that the guy was gonna shoot the animal and then the kid was gonna kill it I think. It was the sign for Rick, all this death and you've got this living animal as a sign and they were gonna kill it. I didn't really like that. But other than that and that annoying lady with the short hair who I want to die, it was a solid premiere.

The kid wasn't going to kill the buck. He was just excited to see it. Shane was going to shoot it, but him and Rick wanted to let the kid enjoy the moment. Also, apparently for the people who read the graphic novel, the ending was not a surprise. I want to read the comics, but I kind of like being surprised by what happens, so I don't think I will.

I'm going to guess that the people who shot the buck (and kid accidentally) had found the missing girl and brought her to their farm.

And Daryl is badass. I hope he doesn't die. I have a feeling the group will encounter Merle (his now one-handed brother) sometime later this season, so that should be interesting.

Veritas
:

The kid wasn't going to kill the buck. He was just excited to see it.

I thought he was gonna cause he had that knife thing in his hand and I think they showed him look at the knife too. Obviously in a realistic situation there would be no way for someone to sneak up on it and slit its throat like Solid Snake, but I thought he was gonna kill it anyways.

Veritas
:

Also, apparently for the people who read the graphic novel, the ending was not a surprise. I want to read the comics, but I kind of like being surprised by what happens, so I don't think I will.

I also wanted to read the comic cause I heard how good it was and I read the first issue and it was good, but it was also incredibly similar to the show so I stopped reading after the first issue cause I don't want to know what's gonna happen on the show.

Mike
:

I thought he was gonna cause he had that knife thing in his hand and I think they showed him look at the knife too. Obviously in a realistic situation there would be no way for someone to sneak up on it and slit its throat like Solid Snake, but I thought he was gonna kill it anyways.

It would also be incredibly dumb if he tried it, as most likely the buck would have either kicked his head off, or rammed the shit out of him with it's antlers.

Mike
:

I also wanted to read the comic cause I heard how good it was and I read the first issue and it was good, but it was also incredibly similar to the show so I stopped reading after the first issue cause I don't want to know what's gonna happen on the show.

Screenrant says that the show follows the comics about half the time, and the other half is new stuff thought up by the show writers (with help from the actual writer of the comics as well).

Really solid shit. Glad the show hasn't lost its touch. That sequence with the herd towards the beginning was so intense, probably one of my favorite zombie scenes I've scene anywhere.

I was really shocked by the ending as well. Although, I had a feeling that something bad was going to happen as a result of creeping up on a buck. One critique: the black guy (blanking on his name) slices open his arm pretty seriously, practically dies, gets dragged back to the RV and then is all better. I'm glad he survived, but that was a pretty drastic turn of events.

As a comic reader, the show makes up about half of the stuff going on in it. The whole CDC thing and whatever was whispered to Rick are new things to the show. I cannot recommend the comics enough though. As strong as the show is, the comics are even better, and as long as the comics go, compared to the pacing of the show, there's a good chance you won't see some of the best of the comic's stories for YEARS to come. The Governor Arc alone is worth reading the comics for right now.

That said, Carl getting shot was in the comics, so I saw it coming. Nonetheless, excited for the season, as it's still a highly interesting show even with the plot awareness reading the comics has brought me.

I finally watched the premiere last night...wow. I'm so glad to see they're still going strong. This is one of the best shows on television...right behind Dexter, imo.

But me...I didn't realize AMC had gone to high definition on DirecTV, so I had to watch the first episode in SD :( #firstworldproblems

Loved the premiere. The whole thing seemed very realistic, with the exception of the ending with the deer. I also felt really proud of the main guy's wife for speaking some sense into those people at the end. I haven't read the series, so I'd love to see where they're heading with the plot.

Manuel
:

I also felt really proud of the main guy's wife for speaking some sense into those people at the end.

I agree. That lady with the short hair was incredibly annoying as it is and then she blamed Rick for her daughter being gone which made her 10x more annoying. She doesn't get mad at her husband who beat her and checked out his daughter but she gets mad at a guy who ran into the jungle after two walkers to save his daughter. I'd really love this annoying woman to die.

Smell My Finger
:

I'm hoping all the kids die in this as well

That would make me very happy.

Smell My Finger
:

T-Dog =P

Kids in most zombie stories annoy the hell out of me, I'm hoping all the kids die in this as well

They're zombie snacks, to be used in case of emergency where a distraction is needed.

I finally watched it. I swear if there are zombies in my lifetime I'll be screwed. Also, I can't stand Shane. What a little bitch.

We rewatched the entire first season (so many episodes!), the webisodes, and then the premiere... forgot how fucking awesome this show is. They just do so much right which is refreshing. I can't wait to see Lennie James comes back, heck... I hope he does. The show also does a great job of making me want to read the comics.

I still can't believe they only did 6 episodes for the first season... just blows my mind that they didn't think it would do well, or whatever the reason was.

Mike
:

I agree that Lennie James needs to return. I was a huge fan of his on Jericho and I'd love to see him become a series regular on The Walking Dead.

But, let me guess, you want his kid to die. Right?

Andrew
:

You'd love the comics.

Thanks for spoiling that he dies.

Veritas
:

But, let me guess, you want his kid to die. Right?

No, he wasn't that annoying. But I'd still rather no kids on the show. Women, old people and kids drag the team down and lower their chances of survival. My friend made a good point, if it was just Rick, his friend and the guy with the crossbow, they'd survivor forever.