Mike

The Walking Dead

1,246 posts in this topic

What did you guys think of it? I thought it was really good. Things dragged on a big near the end and I think they probably could have just gone with a 60 minute premiere but I loved the realistic look of the zombies, how the show felt real and I'll definitely be watching this series from this point forward.

I also hope Lennie James returns and eventually becomes a main character cause I was a huge fan of him on Jericho and I'd love to see him on this more in the future.

I saw the first 30 minutes of it, finishing it today. First series premiere I've ever watched.

Those first 30 minutes were freaky deaky. When he stepped out of the hospital, I'd have been like, "F-ck this shit, I'm going back to sleep."

OK, I've watched them before, but on DVD (That 70s Show, Burn Notice, Dexter). I've never actually caught a live premiere. Actually, I think I did catch the Chuck pilot. But Chuck sucked.

I just finished watching it about a half hour ago, loved the pace of the show. The only thing I didn't like, the horse being killed.

Whoa, just finished it. I loved it. Those last 10 minutes were really instense and scary. Make this the second TV drama I watch weekly.

I might actually get this series on DVD when it comes out. I had high expectations, and they were definitely fulfilled. What a great ending.

Watched them all in one night. Why is the first season only 6 episodes? Ending to episode 5 was good stuff, saw a 2 minute preview of the final episode this season, looks to be a really good one

I watched the first episode the night it premiered and haven't watched it again but I have all the episodes on my DVR so I'll watch all the episodes I haven't seen soon. I've been busy watching Lost one final time and finished that up last night and I've also been watching The Event which I've been backed up on. So after I watch the fall finale of The Event which is the only episode of that I still need to see, I'll move on to The Walking Dead.

Fuck this show is good. Got caught up tonight after having watched the first two episodes. What a damn shame they only ordered a six episode season, but it was a safe bet I suppose. I'm glad it got picked up for a second season, it has A LOT of promise.

The acting in this show is simply phenomenal. Almost every episode has an Emmy-worthy performance. Morgan in Days Gone By, Merle in Tell It to the Frogs, Andrea in Vatos, and now Rick in this one. And the best character with the most promise, Shane, hasn't even had a moment to shine yet, and Darryl shows potential as well. Color this my new favorite show (sorry, Burn Notice).

SPOILERS

I wasnt aware that in the comics Shane got Rick's wife Pregnant. And after Rick came back Shane and Rick got in an argument about it and Rick's son killed him. I hope that they bring that in either at the end if this season or in season 2. As said the acting is phenomenal. Lincoln looks like a younger Viggo Mortinsen.

Spoilers

Amy got ed up, sadly, she was the hottest girl on the show and could act. Anyway, I thought the scene was quite beautiful, and sad, when Amy first wakes up as a zombie and her sister was holding her, but it seemed as if Amy still had some of her last memories and could remember her sister. At least that's what it looked like to me.

Matt
:

Spoilers

Amy got fucked up, sadly, she was the hottest girl on the show and could act. Anyway, I thought the scene was quite beautiful, and sad, when Amy first wakes up as a zombie and her sister was holding her, but it seemed as if Amy still had some of her last memories and could remember her sister. At least that's what it looked like to me.

If you see the 3 minute preview of the next episode, they talk EXACTLY about that. Here's the video if you want to see it

SPOILERS

What did everyone think of the Finale? I thought it was a good episode, but not a good "finale". Most finales end with a cliffhanger that'll make us want to tune in next season. I'll be tuning in, but mostly because show is fucking amazing. I'm very curious as to what the Doctor whispered into Rick's ear, which could be considered a cliffhanger, but not something as big as leaving us wondering if the Survivors made it out of the explosion, instead of showing that everyone is okay.

My first thought was someone was infected, but the Doctor would've probably killed them in their sleep, or tried to experiment on them most likely.

My second thought was there was a place that was probably safer, they hinted at France in the episode.

My third and this is the most likely thought is that Rick's Wife is pregnant, now they COULD take this a step further since in the comics (I don't read them, it says so on walkingdead.wikia.com) Shane is the father of the baby since they had a sexual relationship while Rick was in his coma.

EchoX860
:

My third and this is the most likely thought is that Rick's Wife is pregnant, now they COULD take this a step further since in the comics (I don't read them, it says so on walkingdead.wikia.com) Shane is the father of the baby since they had a sexual relationship while Rick was in his coma.

This is probably a bingo.

EchoX860
:

SPOILERS

What did everyone think of the Finale? I thought it was a good episode, but not a good "finale". Most finales end with a cliffhanger that'll make us want to tune in next season.

what did the Doctor whispered into Rick's ear

they hinted at France in the episode.

What happen or where is Merle Dixon?

Where's morgan?

What are the going do now?

Just watched the final two episodes and now that I've seen this whole season I really think it got better which each episode and I'm dying to see next season. I loved seeing inside the CDC and seeing some of the science behind the zombie stuff. Too many zombie related things are just people on the streets battling zombies, I hope this show gets more into how the virus started and whats happening in the rest of the world cause running from zombies gets old after a while and should be a secondary element to the story.

I'll also quote what I said the night of the premiere...

Mike
:

I also hope Lennie James returns and eventually becomes a main character cause I was a huge fan of him on Jericho and I'd love to see him on this more in the future.

I too just finished up the finale the other day. I thoroughly enjoyed this season and I'm quite sad they didn't have a few more episodes. I can understand why they didn't though.

Mike
:

Just watched the final two episodes and now that I've seen this whole season I really think it got better which each episode and I'm dying to see next season. I loved seeing inside the CDC and seeing some of the science behind the zombie stuff. Too many zombie related things are just people on the streets battling zombies, I hope this show gets more into how the virus started and whats happening in the rest of the world cause running from zombies gets old after a while and should be a secondary element to the story.

I'll also quote what I said the night of the premiere...

Mike, I'm scared, I 100% agree with everything you've said here. Especially the part about Lennie James. The second he popped onto the screen in The Walking Dead I screamed out "Oh fuck it's Hawkins!!!!" and immediately changed my pants. I was disappointed he hasn't re-appeared yet.