Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breanna.

Bojack Horseman

11 posts in this topic

Anyone else watching this? I'm only a few episodes in but I'm loving it. It has Will Arnett, Aaron Paul and TL's favorite, Alison Brie and a ton of others.

I had to watch it because I had no idea. The description on Netflix didn't help at all. Pretty much Bojack starred in a show in the 90s and now he's not famous anymore so he's working on a book with Brie's character and dealing with Todd, who is this lazy dude who lives with him, and his rival Mr. Peanutbutter.

On 8/24/2014 at 3:31 PM, Ruiner said:

I really like the cast but the reviews are iffy. I might check out the pilot.

Actually, this makes a strong case as my favorite animated show ever. It makes me feel things only Breaking Bad and The Shield have, while still being utterly hilarious and fiercely original. "It's You", "That's Too Much, Man!", and "Downer Ending" could all be considered as all-time great TV episodes. 

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

I fucking told you.

Well I'm still voting for The Americans in that match-up and I said right then that it could be great so don't feel too good about yourself, but thank you for upsetting me so much over it that I got high watching the entire first season at once, with the remaining getting two knocked out in the following three days. 

Wife and I are watching through the first three seasons in anticipation of #4. I forgot how many clever, nuanced, easy-to-miss-if-you're-not-paying-attention jokes there are. Interested to see if they can keep it going with season 4. 

Trailer Spoiler discussion:

Spoiler

I like the concept of him being gone and it focusing on the rest of the characters. That would be a pretty ballsy thing for a show to do, basically have your main character gone for a bunch of episodes (or at least off screen a majority of given episodes.) This show is pretty ground breaking and original, I wouldn't put it past them to do it. 

30 minutes ago, Koldes said:

Wife and I are watching through the first three seasons in anticipation of #4. I forgot how many clever, nuanced, easy-to-miss-if-you're-not-paying-attention jokes there are. Interested to see if they can keep it going with season 4. 

Trailer Spoiler discussion:

Reveal hidden contents

I like the concept of him being gone and it focusing on the rest of the characters. That would be a pretty ballsy thing for a show to do, basically have your main character gone for a bunch of episodes (or at least off screen a majority of given episodes.) This show is pretty ground breaking and original, I wouldn't put it past them to do it. 

Oh yeah I've watched the whole thing at least three or four times and the amount of humor is so dense. I'm thinking about going through it again before S4 starts too, and there will probably be more new stuff to notice.

And thanks for spoiler-ing the trailer discussion, that's not really common practice anywhere so I'm guessing it was because I mentioned not watching it.

2 hours ago, Ruiner said:

Oh yeah I've watched the whole thing at least three or four times and the amount of humor is so dense. I'm thinking about going through it again before S4 starts too, and there will probably be more new stuff to notice.

And thanks for spoiler-ing the trailer discussion, that's not really common practice anywhere so I'm guessing it was because I mentioned not watching it.

I was just watching one of the first few episodes again, and BoJack is talking to the printer penguin (one of many voices of an awesome Patton Oswald) and he has a cup that says "World's 3rd Best Dad". Damn near did a spit-take on that one. Never saw it in previous viewings. I love that! Reminds me of Arrested Development in that sense. 

No problem. Yeah that's the only reason I spoiler-ed it, cause you had mentioned you wanted to go in fresh.