Jesse

2014 Pick'Em League

110 posts in this topic

So... Hi folks. I know I'm a pathetic excuse for a human, as I only return here once a year to remind everyone that they need to do this. We need to do this. What format and who's in? 

If somebody has already started this, please email me, I'm in. 

Thonks. 

Good timing....I was just thinking about this.

I still like the idea of doing weighted picks but no one ever agrees with me. As in 16 points for the team you think has the best chance of winning and all the way down to 1 point for the team you think will win but has the least likelihood of winning.

I ran the league for the last few years but I'm out this year so someone else can get it started. Its become too much of a pain in the ass each week during football to type up, print and make picks on a sheet for my picks with me and my dad, email my uncle those same picks, update a fantasy roster. I'm looking to simplify things a little and seeing as how half the people here end up giving up before the season is over, this seems like a good thing to cut out.

Hey, what can I say? I've got more important stuff to do these days, like play minecraft, eat unhealthy foods, and... alright I'm at a loss. I guess my musical tastes just took a drastic turn toward folk rock / alternative and almost all of the hard stuff sounds like whiny garbage now. Sad but true. 

I check once in a while, I just don't post. Glad to see you old lags proudly holding down the fort. 

Hey, what can I say? I've got more important stuff to do these days, like play minecraft, eat unhealthy foods, and... alright I'm at a loss. I guess my musical tastes just took a drastic turn toward folk rock / alternative and almost all of the hard stuff sounds like whiny garbage now. Sad but true. 

I check once in a while, I just don't post. Glad to see you old lags proudly holding down the fort. 

Actually most people's taste has changed. Id say alternative is just as popular or even more so than hard rock on this board. I'm with you there.

All the Packers fans left, you, Wired, Jester, and even the fake Packers fan Juggz. You guys abandoned Andrew.

All the Packers fans left, you, Wired, Jester, and even the fake Packers fan Juggz. You guys abandoned Andrew.

We used to have something special :(

At least we were all here for the Super Bowl win. That was awesome.

Actually most people's taste has changed. Id say alternative is just as popular or even more so than hard rock on this board. I'm with you there.

I forgot all about Juggz doing that....and there I was all by my lonesome the only Steelers fan.

Mike has such a crazy hectic life. I can't imagine having a job, ONE fantasy league, and a pick em league

WHEN DO YOU SLEEP, MIKE?!

I forgot all about Juggz doing that....and there I was all by my lonesome the only Steelers fan.

Not only them, but I remember a bunch of dudes had a Packers avatar for that week. I know Andrew put a cheesehead on my Pat the Patriot.

If it makes you feel any better, there are more Vikings fans here than Packers fan. Me and Blaine vs. you.

Mike has such a crazy hectic life. I can't imagine having a job, ONE fantasy league, and a pick em league

WHEN DO YOU SLEEP, MIKE?!

HA! The league didn't take a lot of time but it just seems like there's a to-do list of stuff I need to do in preparation of each week of football and I'd like to cut that list down a little and spend more time actually enjoying the games. Plus the fact that a good portion of the people here must've had crazy hectic lives and couldn't take the two minutes to update their picks each week made my decision a little easier.

If it makes you feel any better, there are more Vikings fans here than Packers fan(s).

Not that it does them any good...

At least we were all here for the Super Bowl win. That was awesome.

Ah, sorry bud. I still remember that live topic. There was a lot of "RAJI!", "QUARLESS!" and "AARON-FUCKING-RODGERS!" going on there. We're primed for another run this year though. I can feel it in my bones. 

Well that's good to know, I might actually explore a bit more in the music discussion area. I do miss calling DD a douche from time to time...

Alright, so assuming Mike can't spare his time to click sixteen checkboxes every week, I wouldn't mind setting this up. Anything I need to know about how to go about it before taking the plunge?

(3) Better words found.  

:D Im not being douchy just keepin it stagnant. ;)

:D Im not being douchy just keepin it monotonous. ;)

WHOAAAA...wussup man! :)

Haha yeah I finally caved into joining these parts about a week and a half ago after Pen's been trying to get me to for a few years. I should have listened earlier :P

Ay! Jesse! What it do, dawg? I wouldn't worry too much about tastes changing. Like Omar said, a lot of us have moved away from some of the stuff that brought us here in the first place, but we stick around for the other things, like Pick Em which I would be delighted to do again this year.

Ay! Jesse! What it do, dawg? I wouldn't worry too much about tastes changing. Like Omar said, a lot of us have moved away from some of the stuff that brought us here in the first place, but we stick around for the other things, like Pick Em which I would be delighted to do again this year.

Most excellent, and also well segued Kyle. It has a been a day or two. I'm glad to see that there is some musical growth in most people here too. 

Well I'll set up the group, if you all want to PM me your email addresses I'll send out the invites and get the ball rolling.