Guest 8675

message board design

21 posts in this topic

Eventually I'll be removing the tunelab logo from the tlboard name and from the forum listing as read/not-read indicators. Most of you won't notice because you visit on mobile, but for others do you guys care what the color scheme is? I also am able to re-add the ability we had before for desktop users to change the theme.

Black and green is fine with me.

Color scheme is fine as is but I did always use the blue one back in the day.

While this is a forum design thread, there are a few little minor things I'd like to see improved, and I've felt this way for a while but never wanted to bump a thread or create one for something so insignificant...

1. When you're on the "view new content" page and click the "quick navigation" button, I wish it was set to the "Forums" by default instead of "Community." Save people a click when navigating to something.

2. I also wish that no matter where you were when you clicked "view new content" it would always bring you to the newest forum posts. Sometimes it brings you to the newest members or something.

3. And the current members online listed at the bottom of the "view new content" page.

Feel free to ignore all of these but I just thought I'd list them.

I like the blue color we used to be able to use.

I could dig on the blue, too. I think that was for the old forum, though.

Color scheme is fine as is but I did always use the blue one back in the day.

While this is a forum design thread, there are a few little minor things I'd like to see improved, and I've felt this way for a while but never wanted to bump a thread or create one for something so insignificant...

1. When you're on the "view new content" page and click the "quick navigation" button, I wish it was set to the "Forums" by default instead of "Community." Save people a click when navigating to something.

2. I also wish that no matter where you were when you clicked "view new content" it would always bring you to the newest forum posts. Sometimes it brings you to the newest members or something.

3. And the current members online listed at the bottom of the "view new content" page.

Feel free to ignore all of these but I just thought I'd list them.

My only suggestion/gripe/request is upvotes on mobile, maybe show up when you tap a post like the quote button does so you don't fat finger one on accident.

This isn't totally relevant to this discussion, but in the FF threads we've been discussing how helpful it would be to have a top post "stickied" above each page so that all the members see it. For league announcements and stuff. There's a Panther board very much like this one that has an "Answered" feature, which is basically when a top post is picked and then placed atop the thread. I don't know much about setting up forums, but I do know that forum looks near identical to this one, so I'm wondering if that may be a feature you can activate or something.

I too liked the blue, can we get that in a separate theme? Leaves some options instead of everyone having the same one.

We have that, just not in the sports forum because there's nothing to "solve" or "answer" really. For example, I'll mark this as the solution.

would you be able to let us borrow this feature for some of our threads or is it locked here?

Yeah, it'd be helpful especially now to have the draft order atop the dynasty thread. 

Thus why I made the FB group. It's pinned there. Maybe Jay can hook us up, though.

Could always start a blog like the dynasty league, as well.

That would be cool if someone kept it up to date and all that. I don't have the internet skills to even know how to start a blog and ain't clever enough to do any of the type of articles they're doing so I rather not volunteer.

Nah I'll set something up real quick, don't sweat it Lucas.

I feel like I should do some Commissioner-y things.

You have a creative background with your filmmaking and podcast and all that, you could probably make it fun.

Haha, there we go, I was thinking maybe Jay sold forum to Mike and Mike went bezerk on the fantasy stuff. Thanks Jay.

Haha I wouldn't do that. Even though I have all the threads on ignore, I'd still keep them here. Fantasy football discussion is what's best for business on this forum.