EchoX860

General Discussion

4,646 posts in this topic

I don't think for one second you were joking when bagging on her looks. Rude is rude regardless what year it is. You have a long history of ignorant thoughts and beliefs. 

8 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

This is another subject that Im sure no one here is interested in. We had a dead mall around here but its since been closed and is being converted into something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vupJbmzaIq4

There was a dead mall around here when I was a kid as they built a bigger one nearby in the late 80's. Since the late 90's, the dead mall became a Charter School. I always thought that would have been cool to go to school where stores once were.

That could be why my dead mall was alive for about a decade or more later after many of the stores closed since it did include one of two movie theaters in the city.

There was something amazing and magical about going to your local mall on a Friday or Saturday night, getting dropped off by your parents, and going to the arcade and playing video games. The under 30 crowd will never know about it.

1 hour ago, RainbowDragon said:

There was something amazing and magical about going to your local mall on a Friday or Saturday night, getting dropped off by your parents, and going to the arcade and playing video games. The under 30 crowd will never know about it.

Yes, because all malls with arcades have been gone for 19 years.

Ummm so graphics wise, home consoles couldnt compete with the arcades until the Playstation/Sega Saturn/N64 era. In 1997, 20 years ago Final Fantasy VIII came out and changed the game putting the final nail in the arcade's coffin. Once home consoles could compete with and surpass arcade machines graphics and gameplay it was game over for the arcade video game industry in America.

4 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Ummm so graphics wise, home consoles couldnt compete with the arcades until the Playstation/Sega Saturn/N64 era. In 1997, 20 years ago Final Fantasy VIII came out and changed the game putting the final nail in the arcade's coffin. Once home consoles could compete with and surpass arcade machines graphics and gameplay it was game over for the arcade video game industry in America.

A ) Why does half of this post feel like it was copies and pasted by an article?

B ) Consoles being more popular != arcades are a mere legend, only experienced firsthand by the elderly. Any kid who likes video games (and probably a lot who don't) are probably going to go to an arcade at some point in time. Are you completely oblivious to the existence and popularity of Dave & Buster's and Chuck-E-Cheese?

8 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

The under 40 crowd will never know about this. 

8 hours ago, Ruiner said:

. Are you completely oblivious to the existence and popularity of Dave & Buster's and Chuck-E-Cheese?

Not sure about Chuck E Cheese but Ive been to Dave and Buster's maybe once or twice and its all shooting and racing games. No fighting games that I saw.

3 hours ago, revlongoo said:

The under 40 crowd will never know about this. 

I disagree, I'm 33 and I've actually played that. 

Anyone have a Can Am Spyder (3 wheeled motorcycle) or know anyone who has one or has rode one ? I was looking into them but they are kind of expensive and I cant afford one plus have a car so I'd have to get a used one. As a fun weekend type of thing it seems good but as a solid car replacement it doesnt seem like a good idea I think especially since our winters we get snow and that could be a disaster.

Any of you who wear hooded sweatshirts what brand(s) do you buy ? I used to wear like Puma or Adidas or graphic ones but I want plain ones now. I like the ones that are more lightweight and less heavier. I saw Russell Athletic for 20 bucks and I thought that was a good deal. Im talking about pullovers not zip ups. Under Armour the ones I saw has the giant logo on it, dont want that.

God I saw that whole sequence last night. Even after Panama scored there was still zero sense of urgency from the US. Those bums didn't deserve to make it.

Panama is more famous for baseball than soccer which I'm sure you know. Mariano Riviera is their most famous athlete. This is their first World Cup.

The Netherlands is another big country country that will miss it. Argentina made it on the last day which is unusual. Italy have to play in the playoffs to get in.

5 hours ago, NinjaNick101 said:

I have one less reason to watch the World Cup. Iceland's quite a team to root for, though.

They had a famous win against England in Euro 2016 and made the quarter-finals.