Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smell My Finger

Silicon Valley

101 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Omar said:

Only Richard would ruin a top secret plan by tripping on a water hose after hearing a horrible Jared joke. 

Haha. I know, right. 

Bought HBO Now and binge watched season 2 and got caught up with this season. So damn funny, the cast as a whole are great. Each one of them has such a different type of humor but it all works so well together 

This might have been the first episode ever where things ended positively. I love that they're finally giving Erlich something to do while also making Big Head relevant again. 

I think Jack leaving is too abrupt and weird, I get we'll see him back.

...as the new leader of EndFrame that Gavin just paid for. He paid $250 million to bring back Nucleus, and he doesn't even know it, that's hilarious. 

That begining and ending were priceless.. Erlich's coughing and realiziation at the same time was great. Then Richard standing up to Jack at the begining was great too. I wish these episodes were longer

"Jared, have you been crying?"
"Yes, but for ordinary reasons."

Great finale. Not as good as season two's absolutely terrific last two episodes, but it's really impressive how every single subplot from the season paid off. 

Yeah a noticeable drop off from last year, particularly because a lot of the Drama elements weren't there, but I liked it. Hope they do better next season though. Jared has become the star of the show for me. I hated that guy in The Office.

19 hours ago, Omar said:

Yeah a noticeable drop off from last year, particularly because a lot of the Drama elements weren't there, but I liked it. Hope they do better next season though. Jared has become the star of the show for me. I hated that guy in The Office.

Yeah I didn't like his character in The Office either but love his character in here. 

I thought the season was pretty good. 

Just finished binging this season because it turns out I like it better that way.  This show is fucking fire.  I love how all of the subtleties of the season ended up tying together and saving Pied Piper.  Dinesh building better video chat just to hit on a girl, Bachmanity buying a tech blog that ultimately netted them a huge sum of cash because Gavin can't stay away from fucking animal metaphors, Gavin's own fucking money being used to buy Pied Piper out from under his nose, goddamn what a brilliant sum of events.

It wasn't as intensely dramatic as last season's final stretch but I'll be damned if it wasn't every bit as cleverly written.  This show deserves every bit of praise it gets for being one of the most intricately and carefully plotted shows on television while also being ridiculously fucking funny.

I agree that It wasn't as dramatic but it was just as funny as last season. And you ended on a positive note this season too. This is a very under rated show! 

Similar to Andrew, I like to watch all the episodes close together for this show. It's more enjoyable to watch them near each other instead of having to wait a week for just 30 minutes.  I've spent the last week or so going through this season and just finished it a few minutes ago. I loved the ending. I had a feeling there might have been another buyer but it never occurred to me that it could be Erlich. That was an incredibly awesome moment that I loved. I was a little down on Erlich earlier in the season because he screwed Big Head out of all his money. Erlich is an likable asshole but when he did that I liked him a little less. He redeemed himself in my eyes when he reformed Bachmanity and brought Big Head into Pied Piper instead of just giving him his half of the money. I also like how he isn't some fraud and was useful in the last episode by coming up with the deal for Richard (that he didn't sign) and then at the end when he bought Pied Piper.

For not having a ton of stuff going on story-wise, they sure did make the stuff with Gavin entertaining this season. I agree about Jared. I hated him in The Office (not nearly as much as I hated Andy) but he is great in this show. A good person, in a ways the heart of the show, and he's funny. Oh and hooray for the beautiful AT&T girl! Until watching an old clip a minute ago, I totally forgot that she was on this show before this season.

A few things I didn't like. I liked the new boss guy in the first episode but then even though his business moves made sense, I didn't like him after that. It felt refreshing that there was going to be someone in charge of Pied Piper who wasn't seemingly working against them but then he ends up not doing what they want. I'm glad in the future now no one will stop them and they are in charge of their own destiny. The way Laurie talks is so annoying. I'm glad she'll likely be done with this show. And I understand that people are dumb with money but Big Head just felt totally, annoyingly dumb this season. Elrich screwed him royally and he was too dumb to be aware of it, even after it happened. Overall the season was definitely enjoyable but I also think it was easily the worst season of the three. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go shit, shower and shit again.

Every time Gavin was on camera he was great! The animals he brought on where hilarious! 

It's a shame the guy who played Peter Gregory died. He was a great character. 

I gotta say the first episode of the new season was kinda.....meh. Starting to feel like they're just going in circles. Still hoping for the best for the rest of the season though.

9 hours ago, Omar said:

I gotta say the first episode of the new season was kinda.....meh. Starting to feel like they're just going in circles. Still hoping for the best for the rest of the season though.

Really? I thought just the opposite, it seemed like they're shaking up the formula in a major way for the first time. The episode itself was fine, but I got a fair bit of intrigue from Richard starting his own company, with the rest of the guys carrying on (with Dinesh in charge, no less). Now I guess they could just send Richard in the usual circles while doing funny side capers with PiperChat, but we'll see. 

Second episode was outstanding. It's becoming pretty clear that the dynamic with the main group is always going to reset itself to a certain degree, but when it's that entertaining and thrilling to watch how it plays out, it's hard to be disappointed. The ending was so perfect. “Now, Carl, you said the new sign-in page made you nervous. Did anyone else feel 'nervous'? "

The second episode definitely proved me wrong, it was unpredictable and hilarious. Take my apologies Silicon Valley.

I will never get tired of Bighead failing upwards.  I hope when this show ends he's the Governor of California.

On 5/8/2017 at 11:32 PM, Andrew said:

I will never get tired of Bighead failing upwards.  I hope when this show ends he's the Governor of California.

Haha just caught up on this last night and was totally thinking the same thing. This season is really starting to pick up steam now.

7 hours ago, heldjc said:

Haha just caught up on this last night and was totally thinking the same thing. This season is really starting to pick up steam now.

And just as he did it again!  Despite being a hapless teacher who only shows movies in class, he managed to unite his entire class into making a potential billion dollar app!  More upward failure!