Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smell My Finger

Silicon Valley

101 posts in this topic

Man, that finale was so damn intense. I'm not sure a straight-up comedy has ever had me on the edge of my seat so much like a compelling drama. And the ending was straight-up gutting. 

Man, that finale was so damn intense. I'm not sure a straight-up comedy has ever had me on the edge of my seat so much like a compelling drama. And the ending was straight-up gutting. 

Yeah it's kind of amazing how brilliantly this show is put together.  Best show on TV in my opinion.  That deft blending of so many styles is just fantastic.

After its recent disappointing season, I'd say that Game of Thrones get bumped down a spot which probably makes Daredevil my favorite current show on TV. 

Forgot about Ray Donovan. That could possibly be #1. 

Edited by Mike

1. The Americans 

2. Louie 

3. Fargo 

4. Better Call Saul 

5. Silicon Valley 

6. Community 

7. You're the Worst 

8. Archer

I think that about does it for my favorites (that I'm caught up on, there's a few I'm behind on still like Masters of Sex). I was tempted to give SC the temporary advantage on Fargo pending the strength of its second season but then I remembered just how much I loved the first season and changed my mind. Also excludes Justified's excellent last season. I have a hard time ranking dramas and comedies against one another, and the best dramas pretty much always come out ahead. 

Also, Russ Hanneman's music choices being Limp Bizkit and fucking Crazy Town was so perfect. 

Edited by Dylan

Yeah who cares about GOT? Pied Piper is back! 

Thanks for the heads up by the way because I wouldn't have known otherwise. 

5 hours ago, chicago_animal said:

I'm psyched for this too, but nowhere near my excitement for GOT. 

Pretty much the same for me.

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Yeah who cares about GOT?

Outside of the one disappointing season which every show is entitled to, GOT has been one of if not the best show on TV for a while now.

5 hours ago, Omar said:

I love whats happening with this show. It's turning into a legit drama while still being really really funny. 

That pretty much happened last year. Shit was intense with cliffhangers and stuff, but still a comedy. I can't think of anything similar--maybe You're the Worst, but the nature of the show's drama is quite different. 

Good premiere. Richard's turning into a right prick, which is pretty natural given where he's at. 

Finally watched the episode. I agree as I love how they mix the drama with comedy. The lawyer for Pied Piper always has great Lines and he didn't Dissapoint in this episode.