Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

Andrew has a podcast and a Youtube channel

46 posts in this topic

I've been listening to some podcasts lately. We should do a Tunelab podcast! Different guys can do different stuff on different topics. It'd be fun.

I would so be up for that.

And if I'm correct, it could be done completely free without any of the complicated shit needed for an actual podcasts if they were just done as Google Hangouts, which would be fine since it'd just be a fun community thing and not like an official sponsored podcast.

I can look into that sort of thing. Tell me more about this "Google Hangouts"

Cageside Seats moved their podcast to there a while back. Pretty much all that's necessary are headsets and Google accounts, I believe, though I think there might be a video option. Here's something I got from some website discussing it as a podcasting solution:

1. Google Hangout is an online meeting between (up to) 10 people. When

these are “On Air” they can be seen by everyone as they are streamed

live.

2. You want to go into your settings and change the audio setting from “Voice” to “Studio” which will improve the audio quality.

3. The invitation to the event is an invitation to watch.

4. The invitation to the Hangout is an invitation to participate in the Hang Out

5. When a Hangout is happening, it’s not streaming until you click on “Broadcasting” button.

6. When its over the recording of your hangout is available for

download. You can download that video and extract the audio out of the

video.

If this idea gets any sort of serious development, we should probably make a thread over in General Discussion to get more opinions/volunteers.

And here's a video series on it:

Wow that sounds fucking perfect, actually.

I'd be down to record as soon as this week. Maybe with a rotating cast if we make it a regular thing?

Yeah, rotating cast, I'd say, because...

Oh man. I'm so excited! But what do we do, just talk about anything and everything?

This is the key issue, which is probably why I'll go ahead and make a proper thread. We've got a very diverse collection of discussion topics here at Tunelab, so where a couple guys may be great to talk about a new video game, only one of those guys and then another guy would be interested in the week's music releases. And then two other separate guys would be down to talk about wrestling, and none of the other three know anything about wrestling.

Well we have may have our differences but our mutual love of Spyro brings up together. I think I was such a big Spyro fan because I didnt have a N64 which means I missed out on some great 3D platformers and Playstation didnt have as many good ones so all I had was Spyro.

Oh hey so this is a really fun game we played.  I don't know if it made for the best video, but this is probably one of the funnest Xbox Arcade games I've ever played.

Between videos like that and a bunch of Let's Plays I've seen, it's one of my greatest regrets that I don't get to have insanely fun-looking multiplayer experiences like that. I get to play against my friends a bit in WWE 2K and a few months back we had a lot of fun with NBA 2K14, but that's about it. I just need some more friends, nerdier ones. I loved the new Twisted Metal--I can't even begin to think about how fucking awesome it would've been with a few friends to just goof off with. Instead I'm stuck with all of the jerks you get in online matchmaking, and with no mic because why the fuck would I want to talk to those guys.

Anyway, that was a very entertaining video you guys did. I mean if it wasn't I wouldn't have spent 20 whole minutes on it. Game looks very fun, if out of the cards for me with no Xbox.

If multiplayer chaos is your thing you'll definitely enjoy some of the stuff we've done and are planning on doing.  Our Yu-Gi-Oh series is pretty funny too, if I may say.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0