Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ruiner

Fargo (FX)

106 posts in this topic

No fuckhead. I'm watching the pilot of GoT. Haven't seen it yet, but I was told if I didn't watch at least the first 3 episodes before this weekend where I would be given a quiz, I'd be kicked in the nuts twice

No fuckhead. I'm watching the pilot of GoT. Haven't seen it yet, but I was told if I didn't watch at least the first 3 episodes before this weekend where I would be given a quiz, I'd be kicked in the nuts twice

You deserve it!

I probably won't get to it till Thursday but my DVR series recording has been set for a little while now. The miniseries looks good. FX is doing their typical awesome job with the marketing. Seeing Billy Bob Thornton have trouble cutting his steak so he pulls out his killing knife to cut it was awesome.

My first thought when I started watching it...I didn't know Ricky Gervais was on this show.

Lmao!! I said the same thing. It seemed like that was the start of the show.

You know, some of my favorite shows ever are from network TV. And if I went back and watched them I'm sure I'd still love them. And up until now, I've usually defended network TV shows. But I think like in the past week or so I've realized that I've gotten to a point where I'm so spoiled by the quality of cable and paid stations that watching stuff on the basic networks seems so inferior for 90% of the stuff on network TV. Watching a show like Crisis is good and all but I'm really not into it much. I'm just so spoiled by the amazing, superior quality you get with stuff on HBO, FX, AMC and others. I'm sure I'll be blown away by the new season of 24 cause the quality of that is on par with cable but most network shows I watch (the amount has noticeably dwindled over the years) seem like a noticeable step down in quality and I just can't enjoy most stuff on the basic stations anymore.

True Detective set an awful high bar for anthology shows. But if Fargo continues to crank out episodes as good as or better than the premiere, I think I'm going to have to give it the win.

True Detective set an awful high bar for anthology shows. But if Fargo continues to crank out episodes as good as or better than the premiere, I think I'm going to have to give it the win.

Fargo isn't an anthology series though. It's a miniseries, or "event series" which sounds cooler and is what most stations are calling these one season and done shows.

Fargo isn't an anthology series though. It's a miniseries, or "event series" which sounds cooler and is what most stations are calling this one season and done kind of stuff.

Fargo is an American television anthology[1]dark comedy-crime drama series created by Noah Hawley based on the 1996 film of the same name written and directed by the Coen brothers. The series premiered on April 15, 2014, on FX.[1]

Awesome first episode. The casting and writing are fucking perfect.

"An anthology series is a radio or television series that presents a different story and a different set of characters in each episode or season."

It's a 10 episode limited series, whoever wrote the wiki used the wrong word to describe it.

So this show is really getting good now. Even though I've never seen the movie, you can sort of tell it's based off of a movie cause it really feels like it's working towards the finish and not just setting up season 2. Lester's infection in his hand is only getting worse and it's putting pressure on everything to reach its conclusion cause you know he can't last long with this infection before he'll die. The other episode when he had a bubble in his hand he tried to pop was probably the grossest thing I've ever seen on TV.

I just watched the movie for the first time the other day in preparation from this. Based on what you guys have said about the pilot, looks like I need to get on this.

So this show is really getting good now. Even though I've never seen the movie, you can sort of tell it's based off of a movie cause it really feels like it's working towards the finish and not just setting up season 2. Lester's infection in his hand is only getting worse and it's putting pressure on everything to reach its conclusion cause you know he can't last long with this infection before he'll die. The other episode when he had a bubble in his hand he tried to pop was probably the grossest thing I've ever seen on TV.

I just watched the episode today, but yeah, things are picking up and it's really exciting following the kind of slow second and third episodes. Which is understandable given the insane premiere.

Also I don't think it's in any way assured that Lester survives until the end of the season. I think the only characters who aren't fair game are Molly and Malvo, anybody else can die.

So I'm not even an hour into E6 yet and what a fucking fantastic episode of TV this has been. True Detective was awesome but this is well on its way to being my favorite show of the year.

What an awesome awesome awesome episode. Probably my favorite hour of TV since "Ozymandias". Holy shit.

Lester's scheming, Lorne's scheme, Chumph's fate, everything going to hell before the last commercial break, the fish, I never imagined after the pilot that the show would be able to top itself so consistently but it's done just that. Lester's become a real son of a bitch, like a less sinister, more pathetic version of Walter White. I thought he was going to go on some sort of rampage when he first opened his brother's locker, but then he started planting stuff... and then he looked at the family portrait, and I thought he changed his mind, and then he went and did more planting and to his fucking nephew. And the bronze blackmailer Chumph, he's been nothing but comedic relief for Malvo to fuck with up until this point, and then his big scene was completely gutwrenching and turned him to an actual person, not just comedic relief. And the thing with Gus and Molly... man, I really hope she isn't dead. They completely telegraphed her getting shot, but at the same time it was a complete shocker. In one episode they've gone from Lester seeming completely expendable and Molly guaranteed to survive, to Molly's life in jeapordy and Lester buying himself more time than anyone could've imagined.

They haven't made it clear whether or not they're running a season two yet (they've expressed being opened to it, but it's not like it's confirmed) and I wouldn't at all mind this as a one-off season, I won't complain at all if we get a 10-episode story as good as this one every year.