Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris.

Donald Carpenter has left Eye Empire

42 posts in this topic

Eye Empire just posted this on their Facebook:

“For the last several years, we have committed every ounce of energy we collectively have to Eye Empire. We’ve shared great heights and unbelievably lows. Through it all, we stood together like brothers, sacrificing on behalf of one another pursuing a dream.

That vision, and the hopes that come with the quest remain.

Following the last run, it was brought to our attention that one member was making moves to re-assemble a former band. The moment that transpired, and there was an absence of communication, it was clear he had left the band.

For the fans that have supported us, we love you and owe you so much. There will be another Eye Empire album, and we will return to the road. However, that news will come when we find a fourth partner who is unequivocally committed to the journey and understands that our business is not to be misrepresented and aired with deceit publicly.”

Corey Lowery, BC Kochmit, & Ryan Bennet

So does this mean, Don is bringing Submersed back?

Upset I didn't get a chance to see them before this happened, but like everyone else I really hope this does mean Submersed is coming back. 

This is such bittersweet news....I love Eye Empire, but thinking about possibly getting new Submersed, pretty much a fair trade. 

On a side note, I can;t even think of anyone that would be a good fit in his place, he was the main reason I loved them so much.

Chris (Rock Access) called this I think in December.

That must have been when this part occured:

Following the last run, it was brought to our attention that one member was making moves to re-assemble a former band. The moment that transpired, and there was an absence of communication, it was clear he had left the band.

I'm happy about a Submersed reunion. I'm unhappy that it sounds like it's happening in such a way that has the Eye Empire members pissed at Donald for the way he handled this with his EE mates. Idk them all that well, but BC and Corey seemed like really good dudes the one time I met them so I don't like that a Submersed reunion sets them and their dreams back, at least for a moment.

On the one hand, I agree with Jamie's sentiments that the way this sounds like it went down was somewhat douchey. On the other hand, I loved Submersed and I honestly have been less and less impressed with Eye Empire's output as time has gone on. So I feel like this will hopefully breed good things in the end.

Submersed wont happen, two members haven't played music since the band split and two are in other bands. Just last week I saw Whitlock respond to a fan that submersed would never happen again. As far as new singer, I'd only be fine if they brought back hamby. But more realistically I'd say Dustin lowery will be the guy. I'm sad about Donald leaving though, the reason ee is one of my favorite bands was because of how tight they all were with one another.

Submersed wont happen, two members haven't played music since the band split and two are in other bands. Just last week I saw Whitlock respond to a fan that submersed would never happen again. As far as new singer, I'd only be fine if they brought back hamby. But more realistically I'd say Dustin lowery will be the guy. I'm sad about Donald leaving though, the reason ee is one of my favorite bands was because of how tight they all were with one another.

Why are you assuming that Submersed has to have all the original members to "reunite"?

I'll be hella bummed if it's not Submersed. I thought Million Man Army was rather boring and I don't even remember Nothing In Return

Boy there sure are a lot of bands running around that aren't who they say they are then.

I know, it's amazing how many copycats there are in the world. Slash still plays for Guns 'N' Roses, right?

Yeah I wasn't into the new Eye Empire record as much either, but it shouldn't have gone down this way.

What would make me super happy: Donald leaving to join Submersed makes Corey and BC reunite with Donnie to form Violent Plan. That song "Underneath" was AWESOME! Way better than Eye Empire IMO.

Its all about momentum amd granted Eye Empire probably hasnt got to where they want it to be but going back to Submersed is like a step back in that regard since they never got that big either. Starting over in a sense may not be the wisest decision especially if youre not a kid anymore. I dont know why you people think Submersed was better than Eye Empire, the last 2 EE albums kicked ass.

Wow, this sucks. Didn't see this one coming. I feel kinda betrayed for how much they're(he) is always talking family, support, building something together, etc. 

The only (presumably available) guy I can think of off the top of my head that could do the current EE material and not sound too far off is Brian Reed formerly of Burning Borders.

Honestly, I think they'd benefit from a fresh voice.

Yeah I wasn't into the new Eye Empire record as much either, but it shouldn't have gone down this way.

What would make me super happy: Donald leaving to join Submersed makes Corey and BC reunite with Donnie to form Violent Plan. That song "Underneath" was AWESOME! Way better than Eye Empire IMO.

Either him, or Dustin Lowery would be sweet!

Wow, that was short lived. Glad i got to see them.

Replacing front men is the worst...it's just never the same.

I was really into the band LIVE but since Eddie K, left it will never be live again to me. Sorry chris shinn. 

Update: Response from Donald Carpenter (from his Facebook page dated April 16th):

"Hmm, let's see, where do I begin? Well, I guess 1st off I will address the rumor about me leaving EE to reform Submersed. Unfortunately, this is nothing but "hearsay" that was turned into rumor. I DID spend an evening hanging with old friends back in January and Submersed DID come up as the topic of discussion but that was as far as it went. I was NOT the driving force of this discussion nor di...d I follow it any further after that, anything stated otherwise is blatantly false and negligent. Did I receive any communication from the EE camp to confirm or deny this rumor? No, but it was then used as the center piece of me "leaving" Eye Empire. Was there a lack or void of communication between I and EE? Yes, there was, but BOTH sides were guilty of this not just I ("He can call me." , "Well he can call me."). It has been painted as if I was completely out of touch and unreachable and that was just not the case. After not receiving our monthly stipends that were agreed to contractually for 7 months (Aug 2013 - Jan 2014), I had no choice but to begin the process of working and supporting my family by other means. I committed myself to focusing on THEM until I received a clear vision of what the future held for EE. That vision was never communicated and was then presented in the form of me "leaving" the band. The truth IS that I have been trying to rebuild my entire life. For 3 years now, everything in my life has taken a backseat and the damage is evident. For me, this is not about being right or wrong or pointing fingers, it's not even about music. For me, it's a life decision, it's about doing what's right for me and my family. I dedicated my body and soul to that band. I sacrificed everything to ALWAYS do it right, every night / every day. I was the "spin doctor" even when I disagreed with the powers that be and tried to be the voice of reason when I felt it was needed whether received with welcome arms or not. I NEVER quit and I NEVER left, but after this, I am more than happy to move on. I grew tremendously during my time with EE and learned many valuable life lessons along the way and for that I am grateful. I apologize for any confusion during this time and hope that I can continue to count on the love and support from you all! Please feel free to ask any and all questions here, I will reply to EVERYONE. Thank you for your time and understanding! I am praying every day to get through this without losing the spirit. This is most difficult and trying time of my life and I can only hope that it brings the light I have been longing for for so long now. Many blessings to all! I hope to have a clear grasp of the future soon and look forward to sharing it with you all" #LRS

- DC

P.S. These are MY words from MY heart

I'm really disappointed because I really liked this combination of musicians. However, maybe this will spur better projects from EE and from DC because they are all extremely talented. I thinik EE will find another good singer, but no one can replace DC, he sounds like no one else. Here's to hoping for the best for both parties. I hear that ERock (Eric Friedman) is available other than his duties with Mark Tremonti, maybe DC and him will team up at some point. It would be great to see that.

I'm more disappointed that this means Submersed is not reuniting, but it sucks that the EE guys treated Donald this way when all he's trying to do is look out for his family. Kudos to him for knowing his priorities.