lamberson

Big Wreck - Ghosts

19 posts in this topic

You guys are acting like this doesn't happen 90% of the time...

I've never found one so easily...not that I've looked very often.  They might not even care, but I did take the time to send them a message on Facebook as an FYI.

Kinda came out of the blue, very excited for this!!  I caught them on their mini US tour last year and they were excellent.  Hopefully they can do a more extended run in support of this album.

This album should be top notch. I wish that Ian would make another Thornley record. That first album they put out is still one of my all-time favorites. Can't believe it's like 11 years old now.

This album should be top notch. I wish that Ian would make another Thornley record. That first album they put out is still one of my all-time favorites. Can't believe it's like 11 years old now.

Yeah I love the guys voice but none of his other work has been able to touch "Come Again", that album blew me away.

Yeah I love the guys voice but none of his other work has been able to touch "Come Again", that album blew me away.

Pretty sure most of the Thornley guys are Big Wreck now so anything Big Wreck does you can pretty much take as a new "Thornley" album. Also, it's interesting to me that Come Again was arguably Thornley's most mainstream material and that's the album you guys love the most. I like it too but I think all of his work is great.

I remember reading something when Albatross came out where Ian was saying they didn't know whether they were going to call it a Thornley album or a Big Wreck album, and they ultimately decided on going with Big Wreck. 

I love both Thornley and Big Wreck, but the work I love most is Thornley's Come Again and Tiny Pictures, then Big Wreck...  But this new album might prove to bump Tiny Pictures.  Who knows.