Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
holdfasthope

Demon Hunter - 'Extremist'

18 posts in this topic

Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrip.  Finally.  I can't wait another day so I have to download it even though I preordered it.

Discuss!

edit-After the first couple listens, this album is pretty solid.  "The Heart of a Graveyard" is my favorite song so far.

I got mine in the mail and the two bonus tracks were scratched, anyone know a place (wink wink) to get the two songs I paid $40 extra for and didn't get?

I'm not disappointed. Catchy as hell and lots of cool riffs and melodies throughout. i only wish there were one or two more "heavy" songs like "Cross to Bear".

This might be my new favorite Demon Hunter album. They nailed it on this one. "Hell Don't Need Me" is an extremely powerful song, I was pretty blown away after first hearing it. Such a range of songs on this, its an album I could listen to no matter what kind of mood I'm in. "Gasoline" is a never one of my favorites after one listen, as well as "The Heart of A Graveyard". Gonna be spinning this a lot I can already tell. I agree with Xeph to a certain extent, but I think this is pretty well balanced for them.

After one listen, it's too early to determine that this song is AOTY, but it's a really solid album. Digging "Artificial Light", "The Last One Alive", "Cross To Bear", and "Heart of the Graveyard". Won't be surprised if I hear the latter on the radio later this year.

Picked this up at Best Buy today (which btw is on sale for $7.99 all week). Can't wait to listen!

That's where I got the album at. :)

I've never listened to this band prior to this album but this record is pretty alright. Thanks for the recommendation folks.

"The Last One Alive" and "I Will Fail You" is a pretty nice one-two.

Liked the last two more because they had more heavy tracks that blew my mind. So I agree the album needed more songs like "Cross To Bear" (Which the drums are fantastic on)

"Artificial Light" was a good choice for the first single, and "Death" was a pretty cool intro song.

Aside from the first three tracks mentioned - The Last One Alive, I Will Fail You & Gasoline are fantastic cuts that hold their ground with some of Demon Hunters best songs.

This is their only album that I didn't really enjoy the bonus tracks though, so I feel a little bad about dropping $40 on the album and only getting a patch instead of the cool posters they gave out last time.