chicago_animal

What you Drinking?

196 posts in this topic

Watched it, sounds terrible. AB makes anything for image. The chelata beer is also terrible, I don't know why they think that putting a light beer with strong flavors is a good idea. If you want to drink something lighter with sweetness, drink a Pyramid Apricot Ale, Magic Hat # 9, or Abita Purple Haze etc. This stuff is crap.

Well well look what I had last night.

2z9go7m.jpg

First off, that youtube review is horseshit. Its not "insultingly bad" or the "worst beer on earth. All it is is a cheaper macro lager with some lime and tequila flavoring thrown it. Maybe you are insulted if you expected real tequila to be in it but if you did then you're an idiot. I was expecting it to be horrible and it was quite drinkable. Probably wouldnt buy it again but Id give it a 6/10. Again just a Budweiser with some lime and just a hint of tequila flavor. Its not THAT bad.

Horny Goat Brewing Co's "Watermelon Wheat".

"The backbone of this brew is heavy on the wheat with just a touch of Vienna malt for complexity. We add real watermelon to our tanks during fermentation, leaving a fruity essence on the back end. German hops balance the fruit perfectly in this wheat ale for a slightly dry, extremely refreshing finish."

This beer is so Damn good I am looking at trying their other crazy flavors like brownie and Apple pie. Check this out for a great summer beer. http://www.hornygoatbrewing.com/wordpress/meet-the-craft-beers/

Horny Goat Brewing Co's "Watermelon Wheat".

"The backbone of this brew is heavy on the wheat with just a touch of Vienna malt for complexity. We add real watermelon to our tanks during fermentation, leaving a fruity essence on the back end. German hops balance the fruit perfectly in this wheat ale for a slightly dry, extremely refreshing finish."

This beer is so Damn good I am looking at trying their other crazy flavors like brownie and Apple pie. Check this out for a great summer beer. http://www.hornygoatbrewing.com/wordpress/meet-the-craft-beers/

That sounds really freaking good, I'm gonna look for it tonight.

Got some Sweetwater - IPA and Alewerks - White Ale (Virginia) and Dogfish Head - Aprihop (Apricot IPA) for the weekend.  

Also, I recently started saving all the bottles and peeling off the beer labels, and this is the result:

elI5PHE.jpg

Got some Sweetwater - IPA and Alewerks - White Ale (Virginia) and Dogfish Head - Aprihop (Apricot IPA) for the weekend.  

Also, I recently started saving all the bottles and peeling off the beer labels, and this is the result:

elI5PHE.jpg

We dont get New Belgium around here but I always thought the label with the bicycle was cool.

As you know, beer is all about distribution. There's lots of midwest breweries for example that aren't sold here but we do get some of them of course. Pretty sure Horny Goat isnt one of them. Founders from Michigan is pretty big so yeah we get Founders here.

Nick - WHERE DID YOU GET LEFFE BRUNE??

I feel like I've seen it fairly often at good liquor stores around MD.. right next to the Leffe Blonde haha.  Very tasty beer.

A guy at the liquor store suggested the Sweetwater IPA. How is that?

I really like it.  Not too hoppy or bitter for an IPA, and very refreshing taste.

We dont get New Belgium around here but I always thought the label with the bicycle was cool.

They've gotten really big just in the past couple years.  I'm surprised you still cant get it.

I'll be in MD on Sunday. I'll make a stop. The Blonde is at every grocery store here, but I haven't seen the Brune.

Yeah the blonde is certainly more common.  It needs to be a liquor store with a decent craft beer selection, but I think I've seen it multiple places.  Village Pump in College Park, MD always has it.

As you know, beer is all about distribution. There's lots of midwest breweries for example that aren't sold here but we do get some of them of course. Pretty sure Horny Goat isnt one of them. Founders from Michigan is pretty big so yeah we get Founders here.

Actually we have a liquor store called Binnys and if there is anything they don't have, you say them and they will get it for you. I've had them get specific bottles of beer before that wasn't in their stock.

After I finish the three or four bottles of diet soda in my house, I'm going to attempt to quit drinking soda altogether.

It's going to be damn hard for me to do since we have a fridge full of free soda at my office and it's pretty much all I drink other than milk with breakfast. I don't mind drinking water or other non-calorie stuff at home and work, but I can't stand the no taste of water or iced tea from a restaurant.

I'm likely going to start drinking Crystal Light as a substitute, but does anyone have any other suggestions that I could buy at the store that would include no calories and not taste bland?

After I finish the three or four bottles of diet soda in my house, I'm going to attempt to quit drinking soda altogether.

It's going to be damn hard for me to do since we have a fridge full of free soda at my office and it's pretty much all I drink other than milk with breakfast. I don't mind drinking water or other non-calorie stuff at home and work, but I can't stand the no taste of water or iced tea from a restaurant.

I'm likely going to start drinking Crystal Light as a substitute, but does anyone have any other suggestions that I could buy at the store that would include no calories and not taste bland?

I stopped sodas as a New Years resolution and I've hung in there. And in pretty sure I drank as much or more soda than you. I recommend trying out ther flavored water from Walmart. They're cheap and very tasty. They've kept me afloat. If you're a diet soda drinker, the change from diet soda to flavored water should be minuscule. Give it a shot.

If you're looking for a soda substitute then check out Honest Fizz. It's from the makers of Honest Tea and it's made from all natural ingredients. It uses Stevia.

I drank so much pop when I was a kid till last year. I gave it up but will have one every so often and I still haven't fallen off the wagon. Just find a substitute. I like iced tea with no sugar. Try different flavors.

I used to get a daily 64 oz drink at 7-Eleven, plus more. The 64 oz was the minimum. Now I only drink soda when I'm at someone's house and they offer me a can of soda to drink while we eat so I don't have to look like a dweeb by turning it down and asking for water.

If you're looking for a soda substitute then check out Honest Fizz. It's from the makers of Honest Tea and it's made from all natural ingredients. It uses Stevia.

Wow, was actually surprised to see this is available near me.  Might go pick some up and give my thoughts.  As a recovering soda addict I could really use something like this.  I've been on a strict water + Powerade Zero diet for a while.

I used to get a daily 64 oz drink at 7-Eleven, plus more. The 64 oz was the minimum. Now I only drink soda when I'm at someone's house and they offer me a can of soda to drink while we eat so I don't have to look like a dweeb by turning it down and asking for water.

What were your guys poison? When I have one every once in awhile I have a can of DP.

What were your guys poison? When I have one every once in awhile I have a can of DP.

I like everything, I liked to switch it up. But my main rotation was Pepsi, Fanta Red, and Mountain Dew.