Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koldes

'The Sammus Theory' breaks up

11 posts in this topic

These guys didn't get too much traction when I posted about them before, but in case anyone's interested, they just broke up. Via their FB:

Our Dear Sammus Family, Friends, and Fans,

I would like to start out by asking you to please read this from beginning to end before posting a response.

The Sammus Theory has been a major part of my life since 2003, the year I first started seriously writing music. I met who is now one of my best friends, Glen O'Hara in 2005, and from there we decided to take TST as far as we possibly could. He invested into what we called "the project" and helped to push it along. I wrote my heart out and the two of us put out "Man Without Eyes" in 2005. After a lot of time writing and perfecting the first songs that would end up on "See (it) Through", I decided to put together a band so we could take The Sammus Theory to the live atmosphere.

Over the next 7 years, the band performed on MTV/MTV2, toured the entire country 6 times, and played over 400 shows with the help of our fans, friends, and family. You are a fan base that rivals most major-label bands and played the major role in helping us sell over 10,000 albums through buying and spreading the word. I've had the privilege of meeting all of the fans we have now and connecting with all of you at our shows, on social media, and when I've just been out and about with my family. I can honestly say, and I feel I speak for the band, that I cherish all of you and am so grateful to have had the opportunity to be in a situation to meet and get to know you.

After many years of staying on our feet through every obstacle one could think of with the help of all of you, we have made the tough decision to move forward from The Sammus Theory. There is a time when you realize that you can leave a mark that people will remember positively - that we were a strong and independent band who worked with our fans to achieve all of the success we've seen - or get jaded from the music industry's dark side and continue on with the band while slowly becoming negative and angry which would reflect on our music and overall attitude. We chose the former because this band was always about following dreams. I feel I have had the opportunity to do some amazing things while with The Sammus Theory and I wouldn't change a thing. Every person who was in this band throughout the years made sacrifices and struggled, as did our fans, friends, and families (Shelley Andrushko, Daniel Vivanco, Brian Henry, Nick St. Onge, Bill Elliott, Brian Hill, Dan Johnson, Paul Wandtke, and of course Jeremy Tabor, Marshall Harrod, Brent Gilliland, Kyle Welnel, and I). Again, I believe I'm speaking for the band when I say that we couldn't be more grateful for every ounce of support over the years. We're choosing to view this not as an end, but the beginning of some really great opportunities for all of us.

So where are we now? Well, the music is not over. Marshall is now in Houston and will be continuing on with his musical journey, expanding into being a songwriter. Jeremy and I have decided to start a new project in Phoenix, which we will officially announce soon that will be in the vein of Stabbing Westward, NIN, and a little twist of Sammus Theory. Brent has some very awesome opportunities coming on the music front that I will make sure you know of when I know details. I'm not sure what Kyle has planned for now, but whatever any of us do, I will make sure to post it to this page so you can follow us in our musical endeavors. Although the entity that was "The Sammus Theory" is being put to rest, the power behind it is still very much alive in all of us and all of you.

To all of the companies and individuals that provided sponsorships and endorsements throughout the years, you are incredible and there will never be enough "thank you"s for your support. Schecter guitars, Ddrum, Line6, Shauna O'Donnell, Glen O'Hara, Nate Strasheim, Red Chapter Clothing, Ben Hove and Best Buy, Jeremy Deshaw, all of our families (so many to name!), Kringen, Nady, and Becky Hunt. To anyone we have not listed, please know it was unintentional and we love you beyond words. We met and played with some very talented bands with awesome people across the country and we'll never forget you. Some I can think of off the top of my head are Cage9, Signum A.D., Breakpoint Method, The Failsafe Project, Liberty Lush, Sevendust, and many, many more. Thank you all for sharing the stage with us and making for an incredible time.

Although this was written from one perspective, I strongly feel that I speak from the heart of the band and for all five members. From us to you, thank you so much for the last 9 years. It was the best time one could ever ask for and the memories will be with us for the rest of our lives. All we ask is that you please be understanding and supportive of this decision. Such a jolting change in lifestyle and goals has no easy transition. This was not a decision that came lightly and we feel that what will come from it will be truly great in the future for all involved.

Until the next post with more info on new projects, stay safe and thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

-Sam

*** In case there were any questions, the indiegogo pledgers will still receive their packages. You showed us support and there is absolutely no way you will go without getting support back from us. Please be patient with these - there is no band income to help press these items, so I will be working and saving until I can get them made and sent out ***

They got plenty of traction.

You're right. I'm wrong. All the posts responding on this thread definitely prove it.

Especially this one. The two comments not made by me were killer.

http://tlboard.com/topic/17921-the-sammus-theory-entitled-anonymous/?hl=+sammus++theory

And the 3 comments here that were actually on topic? HUGE traction!

http://tlboard.com/topic/16586-the-sammus-theory-kickstarter/?hl=+sammus++theory

The Sammus Theory has been around these parts long before you starting posting here. Hell, they VERY briefly toured with Earshot 5 years ago.

You're right. I'm wrong. All the posts responding on this thread definitely prove it.

Especially this one. The two comments not made by me were killer.

http://tlboard.com/topic/17921-the-sammus-theory-entitled-anonymous/?hl=+sammus++theory

And the 3 comments here that were actually on topic? HUGE traction!

http://tlboard.com/topic/16586-the-sammus-theory-kickstarter/?hl=+sammus++theory

Speaking of Earshot, I want a new record. Get on that Shay.

I can say I heard a rough of a new song yesterday. I have no idea where it will end up or if it even does.

The Sammus Theory has been around these parts long before you starting posting here. Hell, they VERY briefly toured with Earshot 5 years ago.

Right, but the posters who were here years ago may be different than now. So in the past 2 years of me being here (w the links I gave) they got barely any attention. Including the most recent and important one which was the album review thread for their newest album. Almost nothing. That's why I had that initial comment of "they didn't get much traction".

Plus, the fact no one has actually talked about their breakup and only my comment about the traction kinda goes they have little to no traction around here, lol

That's a shame.  See it Through and Trusting the Liar were damn good albums, but unfortunately they were never quite able to make the leap to the next level.  I didn't care for their last album much, it definitely felt like a step backwards to me.  I still remember them coming in 2nd in the Rockstar Uproar Battle of the Bands to Mindset Evolution, I'm sure that could have given them a big boost.  But I look forward to hearing new projects.