EchoX860

World News

1,774 posts in this topic

How is that poor excuse of a police officer not doing time in prison??? Welcome to the United States of Ameri-crooked.

I saw enough on his girlfriend's video. It was cold-blooded murder, He did nothing to get shot at all. Yep, our justice system tries to hard to protect the wrong people.

There could be another instance of this in the next few days. Ray Tensing here in Cincinnati is on his second trial and jurors have been in deliberation for 15 hours. The first one took around 25. 

The really upsetting thing is that he was a legal gun owner and told the officer he had a gun - this is something the NRA is normally ALLLLLLLllllll over. Wonder why they're not?

13 hours ago, Koldes said:

The really upsetting thing is that he was a legal gun owner and told the officer he had a gun - this is something the NRA is normally ALLLLLLLllllll over. Wonder why they're not?

It seems to me that sets a bit of a legal precedent (at the very least, a strong argument) that any person having a legally-owned gun creates justification for a cop to be in fear for his/her life and kill that person without legal consequences.

26 most dangerous cities in the world.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/26-most-dangerous-cities-in-the-world/ss-BBEr3Gx

26. Baltimore, USA

25. Maceio, Brazil

24. Culiacian, Mexico

23. Guatemala, Guatemala

22. Tijuana, Mexico

21. Cali, Columbia

20. Salvador, Brazil

19. Campos Dos Goytacazes, Brazil

18. Cumana, Venezuela

17. Barquisimeto, Venezuela

16. Vitoria Da Conquista, Brazil

15. Feira De Santana, Brazil

14. St. Louis, USA

13. Cape Town, South Africa

12. Aracaju, Brazil

11. Belem, Brazil

10. Natal, Brazil

9. Valencia, Venezuela

8. Ciudad Guayana, Venezuela

7. San Salvador, El Salvador

6. Maturin, Venezuela

5. Victoria, Mexico

4.  Distrito Central, Honduras

3. San Pedro Sula, Honduras

2. Acapulco, Mexico

1. Caracas, Venezuela

It amazed me a few years ago when you'd hear how Brazil was "on the rise." Like who the hell would want to go there? 

And it has always surprised me that St. Louis is so full of crime when the Cardinals ballpark seems like the most friendly atmosphere in baseball.

Yeah that's a strange list. Middle if nowhere St. Louis being the most dangerous city in the country is very weird, and it seems strange that none of the war-torn third-world countries in the middle-east make a single appearance. 

Amazing how this list compiled is in the Western Hemisphere, but none in the middle east and most of Africa. Only Cape Town makes the list on the other side.

Maybe they excluded the middle east because it would populate every spot on the list and no one would read an article looking at the top 26 most dangerous middle eastern cities.

Also, if Baltimore was number 25, there's no way they would've made this list 26 just to include Maceio, Brazil. They just wanted to squeeze the U.S. city in there which is why this is 26 instead of a nice list of 25.

As a Missourian the inclusion of STL ain't surprising at all.  That city is notorious, especially on the east side, for it's sketchiness and high crime rate.  Don't let their baseball fans fool you, that's the nice part of town.

Thoughts on O.J. getting out?

I'm fine with it. The people who had the guns got a slap on the wrist all the while O.J. got a much harsher sentence than he should've gotten. The guy should definitely be in jail for murder but this issue has nothing to do with that and he shouldn't be punished for that because of this robbery.

I'm sure you all heard by now but in Vegas last night there was the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history. Over 50 people dead when a shooter way up in a nearby hotel was shooting down at a country music concert.

This is fucking awful. It's ridiculous how guns are so readily available to any maniac who wants them. The hell with hunting or home protection, it'd be nice if we lived in a country where the only people who had guns were the police and the army. Gun defenders say that they are responsible owners so why should guns be banned because of a few bad people. Well if a few people can control their heroin addiction, does that mean heroin should be there to buy for everyone at the pharmacy? I don't think so. But nowadays you can just 3D print a gun so I'm not sure what a ban will even accomplish.

Another thing you need to factor in is the mental issues that a lot of these shooters have. Most of them take their own lives so you don't know for sure but going by what family and friends say after the fact, a lot of them tend to have issues. And seeing as how there are no medicines to cure these people, I think they should just be locked up for life with the god damn key thrown away. It's a safer world without some ticking time bomb with schizophrenia walking around in public. It seems like more and more nowadays some nutjob who showed significant mental issues beforehand is responsible for committing these horrible crime. There's no perfect solution I guess. That's just my two cents.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

This is fucking awful. It's ridiculous how guns are so readily available to any maniac who wants them.

From what I read, the kind of gun or guns he had were not readily available and most likely obtained illegally. This dude had some like machine gun shit going on.

Initial reports from the guys family say he was like a millionaire and police can't figure out a motive still. Showed no signs of being able to do this.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Initial reports from the guys family say he was like a millionaire and police can't figure out a motive still. Showed no signs of being able to do this.

Apparently, he left home for about six months his neighbor said. Off grid. 

Rumors swirling he was having a financial crisis from gambling, but honestly, people are normally more prone to killing themselves when they go through a financial crisis rather than lashing out. Even in terms of mass shootings, the more "they snapped" shooters tend to be in their 20s or early 30s. Those over 40 tend to have a social or political motivation. 

We'll see. He may be an outlier. 

41 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Glad he's dead

I'm not. It infuriates me when some scumbag kills a bunch of people for no reason and then escapes getting killed by the police, jail or the death penalty by killing himself.