EchoX860

World News

1,764 posts in this topic

He has basically been this symbol of will power and determination for the world the last 20 years. He is known for being in jail for 20 something years than rising to become the president in south Africa. Basically the world acted like he did south Africa a huge favor by being it's first black president and getting rid of the white leaders it had before but the county is almost all white so he didn't really do what most people think he did

Mike said he doesn't care, and if someone needs a history lesson, I don't think anyone wants it coming from you.

But hey, being biased and ignorant is your thing.

Mike said he doesn't care, and if someone needs a history lesson, I don't think anyone wants it coming from you.

But hey, being biased and ignorant is your thing.

please tell me where I was being biased there. All I stated was why he's famous.

please tell me where I was being biased there. All I stated was why he's famous.

Oh come on, you threw your opinion in there at the end. "He didn't do what most people think he did!". You did the same thing a few days ago as well.

Oh come on, you threw your opinion in there at the end. "He didn't do what most people think he did!". You did the same thing a few days ago as well.

Oh I know. but it's true though. A lot of people think he freed South Africa from white suppression or something but the country is mostly white so he didn't really free anything. A lot of people think South Africa is a typical african country but it's not. Also like I pointed out before, he's not exactly this knight in shining armor. He did a lot of terrible things to get where he was

There's actual people going around punching people in the face? What the fuck? That guy deserved worse, fucking asshole. That chick got great shots in though and I liked that sliding kick to the face by the guy. Justice served.

That punt was fantastic. It was way better than Orton's. And yeah I heard about this "knockout game" on the news a few weeks ago. Black people punching innocent people minding their business.

Pretty sure it's not just black people.

We talked about this at work and how horrible it is and we're kind of baffled that anyone would think it's a good idea to commit assault and post it on Youtube, especially since they'd likely be arrested the very next day.

Pretty sure it's not just black people.

Over the past few weeks on the news and online I've seen about five of these "knockout games" and every single one I've seen has involved all black people being the attackers.

Jay, on 10 Dec 2013 - 02:23, said:

It actually is in nearly every case, and the victims of course are not. Even Sharpton said the attacks are racist and said they would not be silent if the attacks were reversed, so they shouldn't be tolerated the other way around.

yea, i'm the first to call Mike out on a racist comment (ha) but 99% of the cases I've seen have been black teens doing this

Wait.......so you're going to completely ignore the innocent people our own country has been responsible in killing as collateral damage to get what we thought was right or, simply in some cases, just wanted?

I wasn't talking about state-sponsored terrorism or actions. I was talking about individuals and their own organizations.

Lololol

Wait.......so you're going to completely ignore the innocent people our own country has been responsible in killing as collateral damage to get what we thought was right or, simply in some cases, just wanted?

We kill a lot less innocent people than you think. Our Rules of Engagement and Law of Armed Conflict has become so strict that our own soldiers are dying because of civilians in the area. We are not allowed to shoot a bullet at an enemy if there are innocent people in the area. Therefore our soldiers are sitting ducks for no reason

Are you unable to separate the two? Are you unable to see the difference between a terrorist organization and a government military? We can certainly include governments and countries in a discussion about what a legacy should be, but I was talking about Mendela as an individual who co-founded Umkhonto we Sizwe to carry out acts of sabotage and then guerrilla warfare and terrorist attacks. His personal legacy and how easily his personal actions are brushed aside while other *individuals* cannot have their name mentioned without the most trivial of failures being brought up.

We live in a country that celebrates Christopher Columbus. I think this is the pot calling the kettle black here. We aren't talking about bin laden

We live in a country that celebrates Christopher Columbus. I think this is the pot calling the kettle black here. We aren't talking about bin laden

You can't even begin to compare Columbus to a terrorist today. 

You're right - somebody who conquered lands, enslaved people, tortured them, and sold the young girls (especially those aged 9 and 10 he noted in his journals) as sex slaves is kinda beyond the evil of a terrorist. But it was okay back then because they weren't baptized as Christians.

I'm not saying what he was doing back then wasn't wrong, it was just a completely different mindset. You wouldn't call the Romans terrorist or Alexander the Great a terrorist. Different times

Harty, on 10 Dec 2013 - 13:17, said:

I'm not saying what he was doing back then wasn't wrong, it was just a completely different mindset. You wouldn't call the Romans terrorist or Alexander the Great a terrorist. Different times

goddamn you are dumb, son

whatever

what this one guy did doesn't matter because it was a different mindset/time period

but what this other guy did DOES matter to me, even though it was a different mindset/time period as well

#hartylogic

what this one guy did doesn't matter because it was a different mindset/time period

but what this other guy did DOES matter to me, even though it was a different mindset/time period as well

#hartylogic

That was what people did back then, they conquered lands and took what they wanted. That's totally different then in modern times. If I went by the logic you're assuming I am, I would think Hitler was ok too