EchoX860

World News

1,774 posts in this topic

So. That's cool.

Considering I'm not getting a paycheck until this is resolved and the fact that I'm not getting backpay isn't cool. Plus, the fact that so many environmental management decisions in my state have been put on hold since this has happened along with many other things already said in the news. When interest rates on loans increase and our paper money isn't worth anything. it can't be good for our country. Maybe it will be a wake up call for our governmental system to make some changes since the current setup is failing as of the last few years where each house is blocking the other's bills and a long-term federal budget hasn't been passed due to this.

I see sarcasm is still eluding your grasp. Anyhoo, do you have an article on all of this? I'm trying to find information on the whole "no longer world standard for currency" thing and coming up empty.

I can't believe our president is so shitty that he refuses to work with the house to get something done. It's his way or no way. Seriously fuck this guy and his shitty "health care system"

In other news, if a deal isn't made by the end of this week for a federal budget and debt ceiling increase, the U.S. dollar will no longer be the world standard for currency. China is already saying that they want to de-Americanize the global monetary system since they own 1.3 trillion of our bonds. This is really scary. Not to mention the fact that the 2 weeks shutdown has damaged the U.S. economy terribly already and is nothing but terrible for our nation as a whole. I hope something happens tomorrow or there will be a stock market crash and subsequent financial chaos globally.

I'll be crossing my fingers for the best. Not getting a paycheck isn't good.

I can't believe our president is so shitty that he refuses to work with the house to get something done. It's his way or no way. Seriously fuck this guy and his shitty "health care system"

Shut up, Harty.

If the people against the health care system wasn't a bunch of whiny little bitches, our government would be up and running. Shutting it down to get what you want is such a childish move only you would overlook.

Grow up.

Shut up, Harty.

If the people against the health care system wasn't a bunch of whiny little bitches, our government would be up and running. Shutting it down to get what you want is such a childish move only you would overlook.

Grow up.

really though, it baffles me that someone who is a member of our military can seriously sit back and blame these problems on our President. Granted, I love the idea of free healthcare but I'll be the first to say that "flawed" is putting it nicely when referring to ObamaCare. But to blame the government shutdown on the President is sheer ignorance. 

I see sarcasm is still eluding your grasp. Anyhoo, do you have an article on all of this? I'm trying to find information on the whole "no longer world standard for currency" thing and coming up empty.

That is what was reported on CNN. Yeah, sarcasm is hard to figure out when I'm not talking to someone in person.

I'll be crossing my fingers for the best. Not getting a paycheck isn't good.

Thanks Nick! Looks like I'll be going back to work tomorrow. I'm happy they finally figured something out, but we might go through this again January 15th, let's hope not.

That is what was reported on CNN. Yeah, sarcasm is hard to figure out when I'm not talking to someone in person.

I'm sorry that you have that little respect for me that you would think I would seriously call any of that cool.

I'm going to reiterate what Jay said a week ago. What planet are you from? Romneycare (Republican-created) is extremely popular in MA and I lived there for a few months a few years ago and people loved that system. The ACA is basically Romneycare. I'm surprised that you are so against your commander in chief considering you are in the armed forces. Nothing like a small fraction of a political party shutting down our government costing us 24 billion dollars up front, not mentioning the trickle down effects to come, and much time wasted on many fronts and taking our country to the brink of financial devastation for nothing more than a clean continuing resolution, which was agreed upon before the shutdown, with the extremely minor change to validate income for ACA recipients. This was all an epic fail of a political show by the tea people. Our founding fathers are rolling in their graves right now. Obama has done a lot for the millennial generation even without support from the house of representatives. 

I'm sorry that you have that little respect for me that you would think I would seriously call any of that cool.

I know you're testing me here. I do have respect for you, you're one of the founding fathers of this message board, you've been on here as long as me. I just have a hard time with figuring out sarcasm sometimes, it's all good.

apparently there is a former CNN employee turned whistle-blower that is saying Obama administration pays CNN to report and not report certain things

It was both sides that caused the shut down. Republicans just fought for what they believed in which is that ACA is total garbage and it is. If any of you at all think it's a good thing I want you to go stick your head in a toilet bowl full of shit and flush it cuz that's about what we are getting

What truth is this?

This is where Harty will talk about how militant he was and to extreme degrees at a point in his life (behind bombing embassies, etc)

But without those things happening, Mandela never would've become the amazing man that he was

This is where Harty will talk about how militant he was and to extreme degrees at a point in his life (behind bombing embassies, etc)

But without those things happening, Mandela never would've become the amazing man that he was

I'm not disputing how important he was, but in the 80s he was internationally recognized as a terrorist. he was head of a terrorist group and reportedly refused to denounce his violent past. 

To be perfectly honest, I had no clue who he was until I saw the trailer for his movie recently at the theater. The name sounded familiar but I had no clue who he was. And I still really don't know much. Don't really care either. I've been changing the channel when stuff about him is on.

He has basically been this symbol of will power and determination for the world the last 20 years. He is known for being in jail for 20 something years than rising to become the president in south Africa. Basically the world acted like he did south Africa a huge favor by being it's first black president and getting rid of the white leaders it had before but the county is almost all white so he didn't really do what most people think he did