Guest 8675

Artist Account Verification

14 posts in this topic

Yeahhhh this seems kinda pointless. I don't see how someone being an artist changes the value of what they bring to the board of their standing here. But it's whatever.

Maybe mention this option somewhere during account registration? In case someone signing up isn't already aware of the feature.

And custom badges for us regular losers could be pretty cool too.

One problem with this verified thing is there's no way of knowing who these artists are. If I was some new guy who came here I'd be wondering who's this Milk Steak Chef verified musical artist. Maybe you could make it so if you hover over the verified thing it tells their name and what band they're in. Another problem is people like this Ghost of April guy. How will you find out if he's actually a member of the band? He could be the drummers gay lover who handles the social media sites for all we know. That clown and people like him shouldn't be verified as artists.

And how big does a band have to be to be verified? I've seen plenty of times people like Nick waltz in here and plug their buddies band and if those band members posted, it really shouldn't be considered verified cause no one knows who they are. Any schmuck with a guitar shouldn't get special recognition.

If they WANT to be verified then I think you should indicate which band. I mean if I didnt read all these posts I wouldnt know that Nixon was a member of the Sick Puppies.

Ummm

You might notice we've added verified badges to accounts belonging to artists we're able to confirm.

To get verified, just send me a private message.

Posting the thread in the help section just for visibility purposes.

I get this: The member Jay cannot receive any new messages

I'm glad this is reserved for people in bands we know about and not given to random people in a cover band who created an account on here for the sole purpose of being legitimized as a verified artist on our fair website.