Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Emphatic album

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I was excited when FTT disbanded that it was because Toryn was going to sing for a band backed by a label. However this band sucked. I just hope Toryn gets to write his own lyrics, and doesn't try to follow in the same shitty main stream garbage they are used to pooping out.

Posted · Report post

Similar to what Chrissy said - I'm interested to see where this band goes.

I think it'll be a surprise album of the year, or it'll be MDD 2.0 garbage. I don't see a lot of middle ground.

I enjoyed around 50% of 'Damage' enough, and like Toryn enough, to see what this is like.

Posted · Report post

I was excited when FTT disbanded that it was because Toryn was going to sing for a band backed by a label. However this band sucked. I just hope Toryn gets to write his own lyrics, and doesn't try to follow in the same shitty main stream garbage they are used to pooping out.

I like how you are shitting on it before even hearing it. 

Damage was mainstream garbage molded by the record label. The original emphatic, the old underground omaha emphatic, was never like that.

From what I hear, there aren't going to be stuff like Bounce on this album.

Posted · Report post

Damage was mainstream garbage molded by the record label. The original emphatic, the old underground omaha emphatic, was never like that.

That's why I'm keeping my mind open. It might be garbage, but, it might be a gem. I think they have the potential and all the tools. It'll really just be what they do with those tools.

Posted · Report post

Emphatic had some really great cuts pre-Damage, and with Toryn at the helm, I'm pretty excited for this one.

Posted · Report post

reread what I wrote. At no point did I shit on them without hearing anything yet. I bashed the garbage they shoved out pre toryn. Everything he's involved in I've loved, but with this bands track record and a label involved it could influence toryn to try and write like they did before.

Posted · Report post

Loved the acoustic video of Toryn singing Put Down the Drink. Can't wait to hear the first song they release.

Posted · Report post

At this point it's not even emphatic. All but one member is new. This newer version of this band will blow the old one away, no question. Since toryn joined this has actually been my most anticipated album. Outside of kopek.

Posted · Report post

Idk much of their music, but the singles off their last record were brutally bad I thought.

Posted · Report post

It's pretty straight forward radio rock, so I don't think you'll dig it too much, Jamie, but, my favorite by far is "Don't Forget About Me'. I actually used this song a bit, among others, last year recovering over a girl. Helped a bit.

Posted · Report post

Idk much of their music, but the singles off their last record were brutally bad I thought.

"Damage" had original singer Patrick Wilson on vocals. But now they have Toryn Green singing.

Also, this was the original underground Emphatic, that used to play sell out shows at some of best hole in the wall bars in Omaha. Now when they come to town, it's large venues...and honestly it's really not the same. i will always support them though. And the new stuff with Toryn is going to be great.

Posted · Report post

I didn't particularly like Fuel with Toryn, but I think that had more to do with Carl's songwriting not being up to the standard that it was with Brett in the band. That song Koldes posted still isn't my thing, but I like it way more than "Bounce" and "Get Paid", and the main arpeggiated guitar part is pretty nice, kinda like something Ra would do.

Posted · Report post

Gotta say I'll at least check this out. Made me wanna go back and listen to 'Damage'.

The new album cover looks sick:

947206_10151698380014424_494872121_n.jpg

Posted · Report post

This could be an upgrade from their predecessor.

Posted · Report post

I'll admit, pretty "blah" for me.

Posted · Report post

That was ok, but not too great.

Posted · Report post

Well, I liked that song. This should be a good album based on that sample.

Posted · Report post

Looks like the album got pushed to 10/22. I updated the TL album releases calendar.

Posted · Report post

Looks like the album got pushed to 10/22. I updated the TL album releases calendar.

Weird, they are playing a CD release show here in their hometown....but I haven't heard it getting pushed back, so I'm curious if they will still have it on September 24.

Posted · Report post

Yeah. Only iTunes has that date so we shall see.

Posted · Report post

Apparently 10/22 was an error, supposedly. Still set for 9/17 for now. Oddly enough Amazon shows 10/22, too, now, though. I'm wondering if their FB and label just haven't updated yet since it'll be disappointing.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0