Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest 8675

tunelab for sale

29 posts in this topic

I hope to see you continue with rock music in some way in the future Jay. You have a great mind for the industry.

I hope to see you continue with rock music in some way in the future Jay.

The artist services stuff I do doesn't rely on the brand name, and I plan to continue it.

Ahhh just selling off the brand, that makes far more sense. While I'd be quite sad to see the name go, I can understand your reasons and motivations. There is a lot of potential left in the brand/name. Hope you find the right price good sir!

It's sad to think the Tunelab name will be gone. It's a name with history that should command respect.

People voting for Imagine Dragons are disrespcting the name. :lol:

This is slighlty sad, but i understand that jay needs to find someone to take it to the next level. I feel like this has been done before as well andnjay ended up keeping it for awhile longer. Please let us know if the board name is changing and what the update is on where this is going, i hope you are still heavily involved with rock music after this and thanks for all the great years, jay.

I'm just going to mirror what everyone else said - glad to hear that you're staying within the industry because I think it'd be a bad loss if you didn't. But, you've talked about this several other times before, so it doesn't surprise me. Hopefully you're able to get it done.

Wanted to give everyone a heads up bc I feel you all deserve it. Just purchased the domain to the site as well as forums. Name change imminent.

www.fhamilyfhorums.com

Thanks guys.

The message board name will stay the same as long as the majority want it to. The sale would include rights to the trademark. However, one of the conditions of the sale is that the Upstate NY site retains their right to use the name as-is (associated with the local site) and the board retains the same. If one of the two change the name they forfeit that right and can't change back, but as long as they continue it there is no issue.

Wouldn't the new owners have a say in what goes in the forum and what doesn't if the name stays the same? Because the forum would basically be representing them right?

Don't worry guys, I'll start up a new music site.  I see that audioaggression.com is available.  I think that that would be a good name to continue the TuneLab spirit.

Wouldn't the new owners have a say in what goes in the forum and what doesn't if the name stays the same? Because the forum would basically be representing them right?

The website address doesn't say TuneLab. It says TL. I imagine the logo will change but not the URL.

The website address doesn't say TuneLab. It says TL. I imagine the logo will change but not the URL.

That's what I'd assume as well.

I understand the need to move forward Jay. I wish you the best with it and am glad you're sticking around in some capacity with music. I hope we continue seeing you on the boards as well. I'd assume we will since you're the admin haha!

This time I'm not trying to sell it myself — I'm auctioning it. I imagine the short and topical domain name will create more demand than "the site." Internet real estate is hard to come by these days. Anyhow, the listing is here: https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?&miid=205192466

If you guys could share/RT and/or comment on the posts on the tunelab twitter and Facebook, it would be very much appreciated in trying to get it noticed by those on the rock music side of things.

13 minutes ago, Paul said:

$2500?! Isn't that a little ludicrous?

Not for the domain. It's cheaper than the .net and a bunch of the weird variations and by domain standards the .com is far more valuable.Screenshot_20161011-191755.png