1,426 posts in this topic

Some items we need to discuss....

- Size of league

- New and old members

- Pay to play?

- Keeper situation based on new members

- Draft rules based on keepers

- Any other proposed rule changes?

10-14 teams sound good. If there's more than 10, I'm in. I'm new at this stuff so there's a lot to learn about players, stats, etc.

I think there should be a free fantasy football program somewhere.

- I want 12, but considering its looking pretty difficult to get to 12, I'll settle for 10.

- I want pay to play, but I'm not sure how it would work exactly. It may be difficult to trust a stranger(s) with money.

- The new members, aside from Juggz who directly took Fly's spot, will get to pick their keeper from a pool of the unkept players. We discussed how it may be unfair that a new guy could get a guy like Rice or Foster while an old member has shit keepers to choose from, so maybe all the members get to pick a keeper and then "protect" another player from their team from the new members. For instance I could keep AP, and then "protect" Foster, Foster will then just go straight to the draft. 

- I can't remember which rule(s) I wanted to take a look at, but I'm sure there's some, I'll get back to that.

- As for draft order, same thing as next year, the new member will have their order ranked randomly.

Thats what I think for now.

Thanks for the input fantasy football master, Mike.

I propose we have a 70% approval of any changes and/or additions to the league. Some things like pay to play will obviously need 100% approval.

This thread is already a bust cause the title is too long so you have the three dots at the end. Apropos I guess considering Flyfreak's former involvement in this league.

There are no three dots on the thread title...

Mike quit being such a pussy and join the league. 

Oh here's one rule change I'd like: no more divisions por favor. 

Let's make a running list of these things we need to vote on so when we have everyone we can get all the answers.

I do agree with you though. Best teams to playoffs no matter what division....also seeded correctly.

I'll throw my name in again if you guys have any openings, but I won't push, because I totally get the "exclusivity" thing you all have going on.

I'm talking about on the list of threads cause it's too long to show it all so it cuts it off with the three dots.

Think of it as an homage to our champion. Now don't ignore the other half of that post, stop being a snatch. 

I'll throw my name in again if you guys have any openings, but I won't push, because I totally get the "exclusivity" thing you all have going on.

Not really "exclusive" we just want to make sure the people we get are: 1. Really active 2. Somewhat experienced.

From what I remember you are both, so you're probably at the top of the list. 

I'd like to throw my name in the hat if you need another guy, but if you don't need me or if it involves $$$ I'm happy bowing out and just sticking with my yahoo league with strangers and pre-ranked auto-drafts.

Size: 10 is fine by me.

Members: Juggz to replace Fly, outside hire to replace Koldes. Now taking applications.

Pay To Play: I really don't mind doing this but it might be a little tricky to set up.

Keepers: What Omar said

Divisions: None. It was a fun experiment, but I agree it failed.

Actually using Jay is a really good idea if he's up for it. We just gotta hope he doesn't run off with our 200 bucks or whatever it would be and buys an island never to be heard from again.

my thoughts:

-10 teams is enough. With already having to possibly replace 3 teams we would really be stretching it. And honestly I don't want first timers in the league. But that's just me

-We should do like we did last year for keepers. Each new person takes over a team from someone who left and they choose from that team. Who gets what team will just be random

My thoughts....

-10 teams will be hard to fill as it is. We will not count Phobia, Will or Matt out until they either say they are out or its within 2 weeks of the draft and they are no shows. We need to make an effort to find them.

- New members should be voted on like last year. For those looking to play, just keep putting bugs in our ears that you want to play. Flyfreak is out no matter what, Koldes also stated he is out no matter what. Juggz replaces Flyfreak. Currently looking for one permanent replacement in addition to the Phobia/Will/Matt outcome.

- I would like to start the pay to play this year. $20 bucks to buy-in, winner gets 75% ($150), second gets 25% ($50). I trust Jay with our money if he is up to it or I also have a paypal account we can use if needed.

- I like the keeper system we had last year where the incoming members picked from the old teams of members we lost. Depending on how many people we replace, we should have a 'draft' of sorts on who gets to pick from what team (even Juggz).

- Draft order: First round is keepers. Second round and the remaining draft order is chosen in order of finish of last year. Omar was second so he gets to pick his DRAFT SPOT first (Flyfreak out), I was 3rd so I pick my DRAFT SPOT 2nd, and so on. Since our draft will be snake, the first found will have to be opposite of the draft order we choose for 2nd thru 17th.

Finishing order from last year for record purposes (make sure you guys agree with this, it is based on playoffs):

1. Flyfreak (Out)

2. Omar

3. Jason

4. Phobia

5. Andrew

6. Will

7. Matt

8. Harty

9. Nixon

10. Koldes (Out)

- No divisions. You play everyone once and 4 teams twice. The 4 teams should be random since there are no divisions.

- Should we look into making QBs less potent? 11 of the top 18 players in a PPR league are QBs? Really?

I'm in agreement with the suggested changes (pay to play, 10 teams, divisions). Don't really care either way on that last one, but yeah, this all works for me.

From a new player's perspective, combining the money with the inheriting teams part is a bit tough because if you inherit a poorly constructed team, you basically gave 20 dollars away to have a team that has no real core to build around and give yourself little-to-no chance to compete this year. Granted at least your spot would be set to play in future years when the team may be more of your own players. And of course anyone who inherits Flyfreak's team that won a championship can presumably only blame themselves for screwing up that team. Just the idea that one person will be inheriting last year's first place team and the other person inheriting the last place team and both paying the same amount to buy in when their chances of winning are realistically very different seems like it requires a little tweak to a solution. Granted it's your guys' league, I just wanted to offer the newcomer's thought process on your current plan for the league.

From a new player's perspective, combining the money with the inheriting teams part is a bit tough because if you inherit a poorly constructed team, you basically gave 20 dollars away to have a team that has no real core to build around and give yourself little-to-no chance to compete this year. Granted at least your spot would be set to play in future years when the team may be more of your own players. And of course anyone who inherits Flyfreak's team that won a championship can presumably only blame themselves for screwing up that team. Just the idea that one person will be inheriting last year's first place team and the other person inheriting the last place team and both paying the same amount to buy in when their chances of winning are realistically very different seems like it requires a little tweak to a solution. Granted it's your guys' league, I just wanted to offer the newcomer's thought process on your current plan for the league.

Well you're only inheriting the team to pick out one player from that team you want to "keep" all the other players from the teams that aren't keepers will go to the draft and it will be open season on them just like always.

Well you're only inheriting the team to pick out one player from that team you want to "keep" all the other players from the teams that aren't keepers will go to the draft and it will be open season on them just like always.

Ahh okay. Carry on then.

Yea, it's a keeper. Not an entire squad. Every team has at least one player worthy of a keeper

Also, sidenote, did I really finish second to last? I could've sworn I finished higher than Jason

Don't worry, I forgot I did that bad last year. My team was a total let down

Yea, it's a keeper. Not an entire squad. Every team has at least one player worthy of a keeper

Also, sidenote, did I really finish second to last? I could've sworn I finished higher than Jason

Jason was actually a choke job away from winning the championship. If he would have beat Fly like he was projected to, he would have destroyed me in the championship game.

Don't worry, I forgot I did that bad last year. My team was a total let down

hold on, you weren't last two years ago? How is that possible with that horrendous team?