Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cfw828

Port Noir - Progressive Metal - Södertälje, Sweden

11 posts in this topic

Not too bad. It feels like something was missing for me though. Can't put my finger on it. Cool video effects too.

I've still yet to hear them, but I'm likely seeing Karnivool next week in Stockholm (hopefully I will be recovered from jetlag by then) and Port Noir is opening for them.

Saw and met these guys. A lot of very good songs and they're very cool dudes to talk to. They sounded very strong live. "Tide" and "Thorns" really stood out to me tonight.

Karnivool was great live as usual. They played all the best songs off Sound Awake and the best songs off Asymmetry, but I was disappointed in the lack of 'Themata' songs represented as apart from "Themata" itself, nothing from that album was played. I get that they've gone in a different direction since then, but "C.O.T.E." and "Roquefort" are too awesome to table from their set. If they'd played those two songs in addition to "Themata", I would have said the album was amply represented. They played all but 3 songs off Asymmetry (excluding interludes) and played 5 from Sound Awake.

Late to the game on these guys. I've only listened to their most recent album (New Routine).

While listening to them I said this sounds like if Karnivool and Royal Blood had a baby and sure enough, they've toured with Karnivool.

I will have to check out their older stuff too...