Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pat

Scientific Journal Publication

13 posts in this topic

Quick background: I spend two years pursuing my Exercise Science MS @ University at Buffalo, and conducted a thesis study investigating the relationship between caffeine and perception of physical activity in sedentary-to-lightly active adults. I completed my degree in September 2012, and following a period of editing (in large part thanks to my advisor: Dr. Jennifer Temple) my work has been published in the May 2013 (online) issue of Nutrition Research; print version forthcoming.

For anyone interested in checking it out, here's a link. [Also, a PDF is attached]

Caffeine & Physical Activity Publication.pdf

Whats with all the smart people on this forum? Harty, Mike, and myself feel out of place.

Please don't compare Harty and myself to you. I have a job and Harty is in the military while it appears that you're a deadbeat bum who sits at home and mooches off of your brother while probably leeching off of the American taxpayers by collecting unemployment.

That looks all professional and shit. Nice work, Pat!

Thanks, man!

Please don't compare Harty and myself to you. I have a job and Harty is in the military while it appears that you're a deadbeat bum who sits at home and mooches off of your brother while probably leeching off of the American taxpayers by collecting unemployment.

Play nice, you two.

I like to play dumb cuz it's fun. I used to be pretty damn smart but I think I got hit in the head too many times lol.

If it weren't for that horse...

Quick background: I spend two years pursuing my Exercise Science MS @ University at Buffalo, and conducted a thesis study investigating the relationship between caffeine and perception of physical activity in sedentary-to-lightly active adults. I completed my degree in September 2012, and following a period of editing (in large part thanks to my advisor: Dr. Jennifer Temple) my work has been published in the May 2013 (online) issue of Nutrition Research; print version forthcoming.

For anyone interested in checking it out, here's a link. [Also, a PDF is attached]

Congrats Pat! My brother actually just graduated from UB a few weeks ago. I also have a paper that is online on the Duke Library archive system on oyster reef restoration in North Carolina, but not an official publication. I'll have to take a look at this, sounds interesting and I know it takes a lot to get your work published in a journal.   

Congrats Pat! My brother actually just graduated from UB a few weeks ago. I also have a paper that is online on the Duke Library archive system on oyster reef restoration in North Carolina, but not an official publication. I'll have to take a look at this, sounds interesting and I know it takes a lot to get your work published in a journal.   

Thanks, man! Your paper sounds interesting as well. Can the public search the Duke online archive?

Thanks, man! Your paper sounds interesting as well. Can the public search the Duke online archive?

You're welcome! Yep, here is the direct link to it. http://dukespace.lib.duke.edu/dspace/bitstream/handle/10161/3635/Black_Joshua_MPOysterRestFinal2011.pdf?sequence=1

The Duke Archive link is this one that is searchable online. http://dukespace.lib.duke.edu/dspace/handle/10161/3635 You can also search the archive for my classmates' papers as well. They archive every master's project paper online from the program I was in at Duke. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0