Mike

General Music Discussion

3,564 posts in this topic

I've only heard one MrNorth song, but I really loved it. I can't remember for the life of me what it was called, but I remember it was in C minor and WLIR used to play it a bunch before they died once and for all.

this one?

Dont even remember seeing that video on MTV/MTV2 or MuchMusic/Fuse. If they played it they didnt play the hell out of it.

Nah, the US label for that record (Uninhibited/Koch) wasn't really a major player when it came to radio/tv/promo, etc. 'Speak No Evil' only had very small pockets of radio play and little tv exposure. 'Lifesize' was still a great record though.  All three of their albums were, but all different in their own way.

HOLY SHIT. See, I had no idea who The Chevin was, but I definitely know who Your Vegas is and wondered what the hell happened to them. Thank you kind sir, you're awesome.

HOLY SHIT. See, I had no idea who The Chevin was, but I definitely know who Your Vegas is and wondered what the hell happened to them. Thank you kind sir, you're awesome.

Welcome.  They had to change their name for various reasons, are no longer with Uni Republic and have new management.  Having said that, Coyle's voice is still as good as ever.   

Went to Mariana's Trench concert tonight. Good stuff. Surprised at how many people could actually sing the lyrics to their songs considering it was their first time in Denver.

Heard this on my local supermarket:

Thought some people here might like it, particularly the 90s alternative rock fans. Juke Kartel-ish.

Nice track there, Omar. Sounds like your grocery store plays some nice tunes.

They actually do, I always enjoy just walking around listening haha. i have actually discovered more bands from there than the actual radio. I wonder where they get their feed from,

They actually do, I always enjoy just walking around listening haha. i have actually discovered more bands from there than the actual radio. I wonder where they get their feed from,

What supermarket is this? Is it a local one or a more widespread one that just happens to be particularity awesome in your area?

What supermarket is this? Is it a local one or a more widespread one that just happens to be particularity awesome in your area?

Food 4 Less, I thunk it's pretty big in the west coast, I know I saw it when I went to Vegas.

Food 4 Less is awesome, they always have weekly insane deals, I shop no where else, food-wise. I used to shop at Costco but I've come to find out that buying in bulk will mean a lot of pigout sessions and rotting food.

if you have a big family I can see why it's good, but living solo it doesn't make too much sense.

I do like getting this: fruit-snacks-costco.jpg

and this : 38798b.jpg

38798b.jpg

Are those muffins from Costco? I like how they're individually packaged. At our store we just package them all as one so that way when you open it for one muffin you're fucked in the ass and are forced to wrap the remaining five.

I'll add to this riveting discussion by saying that buying in bulk is great, but fresh things go bad so quickly it's not worth it to buy fresh fruits and veggies in bulk. They go bad quickly enough when I just buy a week's worth of them. That is one of the reasons why eating right can be so damn expensive. 

Are those muffins from Costco? I like how they're individually packaged. At our store we just package them all as one so that way when you open it for one muffin you're fucked in the ass and are forced to wrap the remaining five.

I Googled "Costco poppy seed muffin" and that came out. My Costco also packages them the same shitty way yours does. Since you usually end up getting two cases to get a good deal they always end up getting hard. 

So I'm cleaning out my library big time and I swear to God I've heard at least three bands today have songs that use bits of Mario Savio's "bodies upon the gears" speech, and that's not counting Linkin Park's. Rock bands must really love that speech.