Mike

General Music Discussion

3,566 posts in this topic

pen likes everything. I dont think we could even come up with a list of 10 bands that he doesnt like.

One man could do not so on his own, but as a community we could do it.

Dirty dirty lies. If you like Buckcherry you have no reason to "hate" a band like Hinder.

I think Josh Todd is a better songwriter and lyricist than Austin Winkler, he seems a lot more centered about who he is and what his role is in the music world, and Buckcherry's pretty good live. And in preparation for any counter-arguments you may have, let me also say this: fuck you.

I liked a couple of their older singles (Lit Up, Broken Glass, Next 2 U) but a lot of them sucked ass (Sorry, Too Drunk) and once All Night Long came out I just gave up because it sounded like they had too.

How do you guys feel about full albums on youtube? Im talking about when someone uploads an entire album to 1 video. Im not sure I like it. I dont like skipping forward a lot and I go to youtube to hear indivudual songs usually.

How do you guys feel about full albums on youtube? Im talking about when someone uploads an entire album to 1 video.

It makes it easier when you want to try out every song but it makes it harder when you just want to skip ahead to the chorus.

I like it because I don't have spotify, and it feels better to listen to the album to check it out rather than downloading it (even if the means by which they are available to me are equally illegal). And that way if I'm considering buying it, the files aren't already on my computer so it further motivates me to buy it if I liked it that much.

It makes it easier when you want to try out every song but it makes it harder when you just want to skip ahead to the chorus.

Why would you skip ahead to the chorus?

^I don't see how the album stream really affects that. I mean it's not SO easy to skip to a chorus when just the song is posted, and more importantly, usually if you can find the whole album on youtube, you can find the individual songs too. They're not mutually exclusive. So having the album available as one file on youtube is nice if you're wanting to check a record out for the first time.

I  came across this recently. Stupid stupid stupid. I cant believe someone thought this was a good idea.

I HATE when they have kids ask players questions. Have you ever seen that at the Red Sox games? Like before the game they'll show a video where some little shit will say "Mr. Ortiz, is it hard to hit a homerun?" And the worst part is when they have the kids announce the batting order and they always have the kids say "Mr." before the players name like that's supposed to be cute or something.

Anyone remember the Dixie Chicks? I was never a fan, but today I heard a cover of Pink Floyd's "Mother" done by Natalie Maines from the Dixie Chicks, and it's really good. She has a new solo album out, and she has done some songs with like Ben Harper, and Eddie Vedder.

Anyone remember the Dixie Chicks? I was never a fan, but today I heard a cover of Pink Floyd's "Mother" done by Natalie Maines from the Dixie Chicks, and it's really good. She has a new solo album out, and she has done some songs with like Ben Harper, and Eddie Vedder.

She also covered Dan Wilson's "Free Life" on that record.