Mike

General Music Discussion

3,529 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2017 at 1:51 PM, pen said:

Yeah, I found this a couple days ago. At first I was like oh yay new Saliva and then I was like oh I see what you did there.

No idea what it's for though.

Do you think this version is better? They just released a 20th anniversary edition of the debut album and its got new songs and remixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLeEc8xSBfg

I didn't know where else to put this, but I'm doing something right now I never thought I'd be doing.

It's occurred to me over the last few months I've been using Spotify for music pretty extensively, and as I've continually postponed plans to revamp my music library, I've found I haven't gone back to it even once. I haven't used Winamp in months. Meanwhile, my thirst for games has only grown, and so right now, I've made an executive decision.

I've deleted my music library. Every MP3 is now gone. If I want it back, I'll have to redownload it bit by bit, which I'll confess might be kind of fun for a future endeavor, but for now, Spotify seems to be all I need.

5 minutes ago, pen said:

I didn't know where else to put this, but I'm doing something right now I never thought I'd be doing.

It's occurred to me over the last few months I've been using Spotify for music pretty extensively, and as I've continually postponed plans to revamp my music library, I've found I haven't gone back to it even once. I haven't used Winamp in months. Meanwhile, my thirst for games has only grown, and so right now, I've made an executive decision.

I've deleted my music library. Every MP3 is now gone. If I want it back, I'll have to redownload it bit by bit, which I'll confess might be kind of fun for a future endeavor, but for now, Spotify seems to be all I need.

Funny you should say this because I realized last week that I haven't updated my music library in a long long time. The last mp3 I have downloaded according to my recently added is Needtobreathe's last album and that came out last year I think. I have basically just added the music I wanted to my Google Play library right on the app. It's just so much more convenient than waiting for iTunes to get it's shit together and sync my devises.

I haven't gone to the extent of deleting my mp3s because I don't need the space but my digital library is getting more and more outdated by the way. Which is kinda sad to me because I used to have a certain reputation to live up to! I can't even remember the last time I visited RIP or funkysouls.  

10 minutes ago, pen said:

You deleted if from your pc, but you dont have it still on an external HD ?

Just now, RainbowDragon said:

You deleted if from your pc, but you dont have it still on an external HD ?

I had it on an external hard drive to begin with.

2 minutes ago, Omar said:

I can't even remember the last time I visited RIP or funkysouls.  

I can't remember the last time I downloaded an album, full stop.

I was starting to download a ton of b-sides earlier this year because I wanted to delve into that and complete some collections but that project fell by the wayside and honestly, just became a way for me to pass time at work between calls. 

It's truly a new era.

Deleting the HD seems unnecessary. For example, I havent used itunes in a long time because I had an issue with it, but the songs are still on the pc and if it crashed I still have it on the HD if I want them. Of course the external HD could always crash and die I guess. But to sort of agree with you, I use Spotify almost exclusively now. Ive been adding lots of stuff to the Tunelab playlist and its been fun.

13 minutes ago, Omar said:

I haven't gone to the extent of deleting my mp3s because I don't need the space but my digital library is getting more and more outdated by the way.

If by outdated you mean low bitrates then yeah lots of old ones we all have don't have great quality like 128 kbps which I dont know if anyone uses anymore for newer stuff.

13 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Deleting the HD seems unnecessary. For example, I havent used itunes in a long time because I had an issue with it, but the songs are still on the pc and if it crashed I still have it on the HD if I want them. Of course the external HD could always crash and die I guess. But to sort of agree with you, I use Spotify almost exclusively now. Ive been adding lots of stuff to the Tunelab playlist and its been fun.

He said he needed the space for games. I was gonna suggest he should have bought a harddrive just for his music but I imagine Pen's music is way more massive than mine.

25 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Deleting the HD seems unnecessary.

It's necessary if I want to have the space available, which was the point.

Kind of in the same boat. I had Google play as my primary service for about a year. I just managed to sync my entire library literally the day before my hard drive crashed so I had help losing my collection though not by choice. I switched over to Apple Music about a year ago and haven't looked back and have rarely put music on my computer unless it's something that rarely for some reason isn't added to iTunes. 

5 hours ago, breanna. said:

A Silverchair tribute album is coming out

LOL thats something I thought Id never see. That song is one my favorites too. This version is alright. I want to hear the rest though.

2 hours ago, Tilley said:

Gathering of Kings featuring Bjorn Strid

He has lots and lots of guest appearances. Wikipedia doesnt even have them all Im assuming because some of the bands are small. I wish someone would compile a complete list.