Mike

General Music Discussion

3,427 posts in this topic

I'm sure this will be a decent release to listen to, but can we talk for a minute about how terrible it is that Soil used the most generic/awful font for the cover of their new compilation disc? (Pictured in article below)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/soil-to-release-scream-the-essentials-in-september/

I believe @Vigo once wrote an article on the old Tunelab site about local bands using that font. 

3 hours ago, Chris. said:

I'm sure this will be a decent release to listen to, but can we talk for a minute about how terrible it is that Soil used the most generic/awful font for the cover of their new compilation disc? (Pictured in article below)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/soil-to-release-scream-the-essentials-in-september/

I believe @Vigo once wrote an article on the old Tunelab site about local bands using that font. 

Didn't even have to open the article to know that it was that damn Bleeding Cowboy font.

14 hours ago, Chris. said:

What a travesty.

His vocals do not work on Rusty Cage. I heard it on youtube and it sucks.The song with Wayne Static I listened to that and I forgot its with the other singer I didnt like.

2 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

His vocals do not work on Rusty Cage. I heard it on youtube and it sucks.The song with Wayne Static I listened to that and I forgot its with the other singer I didnt like.

I would be surprised if any of the songs they put on the album involved A.J. Cavalier. 

Only Death is Real out September 8th. This Stray From the Path song's getting more hate than the new Suicide Silence songs, but I think it's a nice hardcore rager. 

11 hours ago, NinjaNick101 said:

Only Death is Real out September 8th. This Stray From the Path song's getting more hate than the new Suicide Silence songs, but I think it's a nice hardcore rager. 

It's not getting hate because it's a bad song, it's getting hate because the internet is full of wannabe Nazi pieces of shit

28 minutes ago, xeph said:

It's not getting hate because it's a bad song, it's getting hate because the internet is full of wannabe Nazi pieces of shit

Sad, but true. They're worse than Harty.

aboveonly.jpg

Never Beneath (Above Only) to Release EP

February 5, 2017 By Brandon Ivy in News | 2 Comments

Rock band Above Only is working on a new EP to be released under the name Never Beneath. This will be their first release since the Above Only EP in 2011.

1 hour ago, jgohawks said:
aboveonly.jpg

Never Beneath (Above Only) to Release EP

February 5, 2017 By Brandon Ivy in News | 2 Comments

Rock band Above Only is working on a new EP to be released under the name Never Beneath. This will be their first release since the Above Only EP in 2011.

Very nice! I was actually wondering what these guys have been up to, they were really good when I saw them here in Cincinnati! Real cool group of guys too.

Hey @pen: I remember several years ago, around when Korn was putting out Korn III and the dubstep album, we had some disagreements about the band's direction. Now it's been years since I listened to Korn, but for some reason today I decided to look up Untitled and give it a listen for probably the first time since like 9th grade. And I have to say: you were totally right and I was wrong, this shit is way better than anything they put out afterwards, and it's really better than a bulk of their older stuff too. The lyrics are still dumb but musically it's actually pretty interesting. 

On 7/14/2017 at 4:42 PM, Ruiner said:

Hey @pen: I remember several years ago, around when Korn was putting out Korn III and the dubstep album, we had some disagreements about the band's direction. Now it's been years since I listened to Korn, but for some reason today I decided to look up Untitled and give it a listen for probably the first time since like 9th grade. And I have to say: you were totally right and I was wrong, this shit is way better than anything they put out afterwards, and it's really better than a bulk of their older stuff too. The lyrics are still dumb but musically it's actually pretty interesting. 

I meant to respond to this and then it slipped my mind. I'm glad you're at least appreciating the album musically if nothing else.

My feeling on Korn is that while I respect them for trying new things, they have albums where they feel forced, like III: Remember Who You Are and The Path Of Totality. My favorite albums from Korn are Untouchables, See You On The Other Side, Untitled, and actually their newest one is climbing up there as well. The self-titled is also a classic just for raw emotion. Basically, and this is probably true of any band, but the more honest the music feels, the better it is. Korn doesn't always achieve that, but when they do, it's great stuff.

TERROR UNIVERSAL, the "horror metal" band featuring ILL NIÑO members Dave Chavarri (drums; who also previously played with SOULFLY) and Ahrue Luster (guitar; formerly of MACHINE HEAD), has inked a deal with Minus Head Records. The group will release its debut full-length album, titled "Make Them Bleed", on October 13.