Mike

General Music Discussion

3,486 posts in this topic

I'm gonna rip of the sports version of this thread and create one for music. There are times when I want to mention something music related but it's not deserving of a thread, like that Mindless Self Indulgence thread and when I post my mix albums, and this can be a good place to just discuss anything about music that you don't think should have its own thread.

Okay, I'll bite.  I just found out that Mrnorth released a record called 'Everything' about a year and a half ago.  I knew they put out a bunch of old b-sides this year, but didn't know they released a follow-up the great 'Fear & Desire' (a theme/concept record that people should hear).  They aren't exactly a 'radio' band, but the title track off of 'Everything' is as close as they'll get.

http://youtu.be/98xiV-Epy_A

And I leave you with a couple of videos from their live performance of a couple of tracks from 'Fear & Desire' back in '07 with the Greenwich Orchestra.

http://youtu.be/ssmSdoeG2oQ

http://youtu.be/xCkzW9Gmd38

Mrnorth is a precious gemstone. I loved Fear And Desire when it came out.

I've only heard one MrNorth song, but I really loved it. I can't remember for the life of me what it was called, but I remember it was in C minor and WLIR used to play it a bunch before they died once and for all.

These threads always go no where after a couple of days, but...

In general music discussion, I'm looking to going to a Heaven's Basement/Mindset Evolution concert in a week. Buckcherry is headlining but I might leave before them. Just have no interest in them.

These threads always go no where after a couple of days, but...

In general music discussion, I'm looking to going to a Heaven's Basement/Mindset Evolution concert in a week. Buckcherry is headlining but I might leave before them. Just have no interest in them.

This makes me incredibly sad.

Man, I can't believe how many people agree with me about Buckcherry.

I tried listening to 'Confessions' to see if it would make me appreciate them (their most modern sound) to go to the concert, but I just couldn't do it.

I guess I'd like to hear 'Everything' performed live, though.

Koldes, they are great live. I've seen them at festivals twice. I'm not a huge fan of their recent stuff either, just some of their songs, but they put on a great show if you like any of their songs, so you might want to give them a try.

pen likes everything. I dont think we could even come up with a list of 10 bands that he doesnt like.

Well are you in a band? Cause I don't like you.

I believe he doesn't particularly like Hinder. So I'm 10% of the way there. And they're my least favorite band that's had any success so that's a good choice in my opinion.

Pen likes Hinder's music, he just doesn't like the members. (and Pen don't you deny it!, I have proof from that time you sent me a million emails)

Pen likes Hinder's music, he just doesn't like the members. (and Pen don't you deny it!, I have proof from that time you sent me a million emails)

I don't have any of their albums on my computer. There are couple of songs of theirs I've found okay, but by and large I just don't give a fuck.

I don't have any of their albums on my computer. There are couple of songs of theirs I've found okay, but by and large I just don't give a fuck.

Dirty dirty lies. If you like Buckcherry you have no reason to "hate" a band like Hinder.

I believe he doesn't particularly like Hinder. So I'm 10% of the way there. And they're my least favorite band that's had any success so that's a good choice in my opinion.

I'm fairly certain he's not fond of Hollywood Undead. Also, I know he hates Falling In Reverse and Emmure. Then again, everyone hates FIR.