Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kyle1020

Game of Thrones

893 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, heldjc said:

The only one I can find is the one that's on a laptop and the audio is kind of shotty. Is that the one you guys watched?

I hear there are two versions going around. The one you watched and a good one. I had no audio issues I could tell on what I watched so I assume it was the good one.

On 8/14/2017 at 0:59 PM, Mike said:

Why didn't they show us how Bronn managed to drag himself, Jaime and their combined hundreds of pounds of armor across the water and survive all the while without Daenerys, the dragon or any of the dothraki noticing?

I thought the same thing - they had to have swam underwater a really far way away to come out without being seen - so at first he's sinking due to the heavy armor, now he can swim forever under it? That's a little sloppy, but not too big of a deal.

2 hours ago, Koldes said:

I thought the same thing - they had to have swam underwater a really far way away to come out without being seen - so at first he's sinking due to the heavy armor, now he can swim forever under it? That's a little sloppy, but not too big of a deal.

I don't think Jamie was swimming, I think Bronn swam dragging Jamie.

Just now, pen said:

I don't think Jamie was swimming, I think Bronn swam dragging Jamie.

Right - but if Jamie can't swim, due to the heaviness of the plate, it would just make it equally as hard for someone else to swim and pull him. The same gravitational science would apply to someone trying to help him. It's not really a big deal, it's just kind of sloppy and I think they could have addressed it a hair more. 

I brought this up to my wife who said "In a world of magic and zombies and dragons THIS is what you care about?" My response was "Although those things are sci-fy, they still have rules of math and science to regulate them!" 

Another brilliant episode. Even if the finale is a massive disappointment, I think this season is a lock for best season of the series so far. Some of the early seasons are kind of a blur because I watched them all back-to-back but I think I remember liking season 1 the most. This season has probably surpassed it. Hopefully they stick the landing in the final season and go out on top.

Other thoughts...

- This is kind of silly but one thing that keeps bothering me is the new guy playing the Night King. I feel like his appearance in season 5 looked a lot cooler than he looks now. I went to google a picture of the old and new one to post here and actually saw an article talking about it here. The old Night King is on the left and looks amazing and the new one is on the right and looks kinda like a Power Rangers villain.

- I kinda had a feeling a dragon was going to die in this episode. And the second it went down I knew it was going to become a White Walker Flyer dragon.

- I'm thinking that the guy who came back to life a bunch of times is going to eventually die saving Jon. That's probably why he returned a bunch of times. And speaking of that stuff, I imagine Melisandre will play a big part in the final season and when that happens, I hope they explain more about that ink monster thing she gave birth to. That hasn't been mentioned in years.

- What was the point of Jon's uncle? Why even introduce him in the show? He had two appearances that I can recall and helped out the Stark kids but we'll likely never find out why he was half-dead or something and clearly they only brought him back this week to die as he had plenty of time to get on the horse...unless he wanted to die.

- In a way it's kinda goofy how quick stuff happens now. Like I get that they're all closer because they seem to all be heading towards King's Landing but it just seems weird how in about 12 hours Gendry can run back to the wall, a raven can get all the way to Dany and she can fly all the way into the middle of nowhere and find Jon and friends.

- I do not like Jon bending the knee. I want them to be equal partners and to destroy the iron throne when they reach it, not sit on it. And the line about breaking the wheel this week seems to imply that.

The episode had a lot of cool moments because a lot of characters that have never been on screen together in a long long time finally met. But I can get over the fact how stupid this whole "kidnap a white walker and show it to Cersei" plan was. They knew all along how dangerous it would be and if it weren't for Dany and her dragons saving the day, they would have easily been killed. It didn't even seem like they had a plan. Next part of the plan: show it to Cersei, knowing full well she wasn't going to give a shit and just scheme a way to betray them. I swear it almost feels like they're setting up Tyrion to be the bad guy at the end by betraying Dany with all these dumb ass decisions he's made.

25 minutes ago, Omar said:

The episode had a lot of cool moments because a lot of characters that have never been on screen together in a long long time finally met. But I can get over the fact how stupid this whole "kidnap a white walker and show it to Cersei" plan was. They knew all along how dangerous it would be and if it weren't for Dany and her dragons saving the day, they would have easily been killed. It didn't even seem like they had a plan. Next part of the plan: show it to Cersei, knowing full well she wasn't going to give a shit and just scheme a way to betray them. I swear it almost feels like they're setting up Tyrion to be the bad guy at the end by betraying Dany with all these dumb ass decisions he's made.

I especially started thinking this during that scene between Dany and Jon and him hangin in the shadows. I'm wondering what the hell is going to happen with Jamie, and what Bran is up to with the night king because this season began and ended with him warging and camera panning to the night king. Have to think he is up to something.

- Another brilliant episode. This was the best GoT season yet. I really hope they don't pull a Lost and blow it in the last season.

- The Night King is on pace to be one of the greatest TV villains of all-time. My fucking jaw hit the floor when I saw him riding in on the dragon.

- A weak point this season for me was the stupidity of Sansa and Arya. So happy they fixed that with the way it all played out with Littlefinger.

- It's cool to see all the characters together now but did meaningless Theon really need to be at that meeting with all the major players? He could've found out his sister was still alive another way.

- I don't like how the good guys are in-between Cersei and the White Walkers. To me it seems like my worst fears will come true...the long hyped-up #1 threat the White Walkers will be defeated BEFORE Cersei is defeated. I don't want that at all. The White Walkers should be the end-game, not the battle for the throne.

1 hour ago, Omar said:

Yeah I'm with you. That whole episode, while still good overall, had the most weak points of the season out of any episode. Ignoring the fact that the plan was stupid and ignoring the fact that the circumstances of all of these people coming to together is so forced, you still have two ridiculous things...Jon being there and the timing of it all. I understand as a TV show you need your main characters on screen during important stuff but there was no logical reason why the king of the north would be partaking in this suicide mission where there are a bunch of other people that could've done it. And the damn timing, the worst moment of the season. For the first time, GoT felt like a regular TV show. I was expecting them to go to commercial with dramatic music and then they return and Daenerys shows up just in time to save the day. It was horrible. I love the faster pace but they need to dial it back a little.

So does anyone else feel weird about the Jon-Daenerys romance? Just a guy and his aunt...

i sometimes wonder if the ultimate goal of Game Of Thrones is to make viewers okay with incest... that's a mindfuck for you.

I'm assuming the only reason why people aren't attracted to relatives is because they've known each other their entire lives. Jon and Dany are two good looking people that are basically strangers and it would seem kinda silly if they kissed and she said "it felt like I was kissing my brother" like in Back to the Future.

And I don't think the show is making that behavior seem okay. They showed them having sex the same time Bran and Sam were discussing them being related so it had a fucked up element to it.

Man, that was crazy last night. Really good. I am nervous for the ending of the show. This has the ability to go down as one of the greatest TV shows of all time (if not already) but doing the final season correctly will be a big part of that. 

6 hours ago, Mike said:

And for the record, I'd fuck my aunt as well if she was Emilia Clarke. 

I made a similar joke last night talking to my wife. I just said "Fortunately for me, none of my aunts look anything like her." And my wife looked at me with a look of disgust and contempt. I stand by it, and with you, my friend! 

27 minutes ago, Koldes said:

This has the ability to go down as one of the greatest TV shows of all time (if not already) but doing the final season correctly will be a big part of that. 

Exactly what I was thinking when all of the bad guys were walking through the wall. I've watched a lot of TV over the years and Breaking Bad is probably the only show that is better than this and if they nail that last season it could probably solidify its place as #2 all-time.

4 minutes ago, Koldes said:

I made a similar joke last night talking to my wife. I just said "Fortunately for me, none of my aunts look anything like her." And my wife looked at me with a look of disgust and contempt. I stand by it, and with you, my friend! 

I guess some people just don't understand how beautiful Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, First of her name, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First men, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Unburnt, Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains and Queen of Mereen truly is.