Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kyle1020

Game of Thrones

893 posts in this topic

So why did the crippled kid try to kill Jon? Sure he was with the bad guys but he didn't know why he was with them. Made no sense.

What you said makes no sense because it didn't happen. He was using Summer to attack the other wildlings, not Jon.

What you said makes no sense because it didn't happen. He was using Summer to attack the other wildlings, not Jon.

I thought he possessed the bird (the birds eyes went white) and then tried to attack Jon. I thought he even said to his brother something like "I saw Jon. I tried to kill him but he got away." Maybe he said "I tried to help him but he got away."

I thought he possessed the bird (the birds eyes went white) and then tried to attack Jon. I thought he even said to his brother something like "I saw Jon. I tried to kill him but he got away." Maybe he said "I tried to help him but he got away."

No. The warg wildling (dude with the wonky eye from Pirates of the Caribbean) possessed the bird as he was dying to attack Jon. And whatever Bran said, it wasn't that he tried to kill Jon.

SPOILERS

So did the Uncle die? I lost track of what happened to him?

I think that scene topped Ned's death in season 1. Everything was going great...the guy actually had a hot daughter that he must have hid earlier and his facial expression towards Robb when she was revealed was funny, that guy got a good looking wife, everything was fine...and then the door shut. Man I sensed something awful about to happy when I saw that. Then then went outside and I thought maybe it's nothing but then I still heard that music and when they went back inside then, oh boy, I knew something bad was gonna happen but I had no idea just how fucked up it was gonna be. Stabbing the pregnant girl in the stomach a bunch of times. Man everything about that was so brutal. Right now it seems like Jon is pretty much the only true hero this series has at this point. That new guy who wants to fuck Dany is pretty cool too.

SPOILERS

So did the Uncle die? I lost track of what happened to him?

I think that scene topped Ned's death in season 1. Everything was going great...the guy actually had a hot daughter that he must have hid earlier and his facial expression towards Robb when she was revealed was funny, that guy got a good looking wife, everything was fine...and then the door shut. Man I sensed something awful about to happy when I saw that. Then then went outside and I thought maybe it's nothing but then I still heard that music and when they went back inside then, oh boy, I knew something bad was gonna happen but I had no idea just how fucked up it was gonna be. Stabbing the pregnant girl in the stomach a bunch of times. Man everything about that was so brutal. Right now it seems like Jon is pretty much the only true hero this series has at this point. That new guy who wants to fuck Dany is pretty cool too.

As far as I know, Robb's uncle is still alive, as they don't show his death. Blackfish (Robb's great-uncle) also appears to be still alive, as he went for a piss before all the murderdeathkilling happened.

So the creepy music is a song called "The Rains of Castamere" (also the episode title of the week). It was mentioned earlier in the season. The song is about a rich and powerful family that tries to overpower the Lannisters, but is wiped out instead. If I remember correctly, Cersei uses that story to passively threaten Margaery Tyrell a couple episodes ago.

Also, the silent credits was a pretty potent way to end the episode.

I said SPOILERS as one final way to warn someone before they accidently read about all the crazy stuff that happened but I purposely didn't use the tags. If you're reading this deep into the thread then it's your own fault if you get spoiled. We can't be expected to use spoiler tags for every single post. It's not like this discussion is in the movie news thread. If someone views all the recent posts after an episode airs then it's their fault if they get spoiled.

SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY

Well, I figured Talisa was going to die at some point given that she was the whole reason Robb broke his oath to Walder Frey, but seeing Robb and Catelyn go as well shocked me, especially Catelyn. I was more upset than when Ned was executed. I kind of figured Ned was headed for death since there was significant build-up to that scene. But this came suddenly, especially with the reveal that Roose Bolton was in on the deed. Overall, what a heart-wrenching episode. To see Arya so close to being with her family may have been the worst part, tied with the cowardly killing of adorably fiercely loyal Grey Wind. And now with the rest of the Tullys and Stark banner-men presumably captured now, who is going to avenge them? Bran is off doing weird shit in the North. Rickon is too young. Sansa is useless. Jon has his own problems. Arya is really the only one left. I guess she can add Roose Bolton and Walder Frey to her list now. As for my viewership allegiance, I guess go Team Stannis now? Melisandre creeps me out, but I imagine Stannis himself would be a decent king, certainly one unafraid to hand out justice. I'm still thinking nothing about the throne will matter once winter finally comes, but before it does, I hope the poor Starks get some justice in one way or another.

Even knowing it was coming... man, oh man, was that a brutal scene. It is interesting that Talisa died (she is Jeyne Westerling in the books and still alive). And I know that Brynden is still alive and pretty sure Edmure is as well. Moral of the story: always go piss on a tree.

It is indeed a shame we shan't be seeing anymore of Talisa because she is quite the looker as creepy old Walder Frey pointed out before...well, you know.

It is indeed a shame we shan't be seeing anymore of Talisa because she is quite the looker

She had a very small part on Sherlock. It kind of blew my mind when I noticed it re-watching the series a couple weeks ago.

If she wasn't looking amazing while naked, Robb might have been more focused on those battle plans a few episodes ago and this whole thing might have never happened.

The thing to keep in mind that he is 16 and just a teenager. They aged him up in the series for obvious reasons, but it isn't like he is some logical seasoned man. He is a kid. Was...

I laughed when they said Sansa was 14 or something.

Yeah...they definitely should have aged her up a little for the series. 14 my ass.

I guess there are other things worth mentioning from last night's episode. The Hound and Arya traveling together makes for some fun. The Hound is kind of the demented guardian angel of the Stark girls. Dany keeps kicking ass way too easily. I look forward to seeing her face an actual challenge mostly just to see the dragons in action. I laughed when Jorah returned, and she was just worried about Daario (or however it is spelled). Jorah again solidifies his status as mayor of the friend-zone. I want to see what exactly Jon plans to do now. I can't imagine he is just going to leave Ygritte behind, but he is not exactly in the best position to be infiltrating anyone anymore. Also, what happened to Mance Raydar lighting the biggest fire the North has ever seen? He has been absent for quite some time now. More of the North! I want to winter to come already.

Also, what happened to Mance Raydar lighting the biggest fire the North has ever seen? He has been absent for quite some time now. More of the North! I want to winter to come already.

Next season. They are splitting book 3 into two seasons. We are about 55 to 60% through atm.